Nothing Says Let Freedom Ring

jsharr

Sounds like what we did. Except I was also waking the neighbors at 5 am, wrenching and hammering putting the new exhaust on the little car before the garage got too warm. I also ran it up and down the road to test it.  ?

I almost felt bad, but they kept us up till past midnight with their fireworks. ?

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

...I woke up to a puddle on the bathroom floor.  :blush: Turned out the sink trap had rotted through.  So at least it wasn't pee.:hapydance:

The Home Depot is open today until 8PM, and as a bonus, they are giving away freshly grilled hot dogs at the door. :)But there were no Vegan alternative hot dogs. :(

• Heart 2

My patriotic day:

Walk the dog over to the next town for the country's only 2 way parade (AFAIK).  She was a poop machine, 3 bagger!

Walk back home, almost dragging the dog, she did NOT want to leave, only to be greeted with "There's no hot water".  Like we needed it, it was already 90 outside.  The Low pressure (boiler side) light was on, but pressure was a solid 20, so i reset the system.  Yay, hot water.

Wo12 got home from the parade later (she was a judge, had to stay), she went down to the basement for something and I heard "There's hot water all over the floor!".  The pressure/temp valve opened, all the way, and refused to close.  This was the other side of the system, no connection whatsoever to the light - which was happy with the pressure now.  Shut off the water, cleanup begins, it was REALLY hot and humid down there!

Thanks to Home Depot for being open, got a new valve, everything seems fine now, but I connected the blowoff valve to a hose into the sink while I keep an eye for a couple days.  

Lots of weeding, strung up more tomato fencing, picked a lot of veggies for Wo12 to deal with (dozen jars of pickled beets!)

Dinner

FIREWORKS!

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, jsharr said:

including the spare

Congrats on this! All too often people think that they have a flat tire only to find out that they really have TWO flat tires.

Unfortunately many cars don't come with a spare tire anymore. My 2014 Kia basically has a fancy Inflate-a-Flat system with some Slime-like substance and a small electric air compressor.

• Heart 1

After lunch we went to the auto parts store and picked up six quarts of oil and a filter for the Jeep.  I will change the oil tonight.  We also bought four rotors, two calipers (front) and pads to redo the brakes this weekend. 

Lit the charcoal at 4:30 and cracked a beer. Grilled wings, hot Italian sausages and hamburgers. Peppers and onions cooked inside. A couple fingers of Kentucky bourbon to aid in digestion. No fireworks. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Congrats on this! All too often people think that they have a flat tire only to find out that they really have TWO flat tires.

Unfortunately many cars don't come with a spare tire anymore. My 2014 Kia basically has a fancy Inflate-a-Flat system with some Slime-like substance and a small electric air compressor.

I tried to convince my wife that not only did I check the air in all 5 tires, but that I installed summer air in the tires.    If I was a thinking man, or an intelligent man, which obviously I am not, I would have told her that I had Discount Tire use summer air in the new tires on her Jeep when I had them put on Monday.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I tried to convince my wife that not only did I check the air in all 5 tires, but that I installed summer air in the tires.    If I was a thinking man, or an intelligent man, which obviously I am not, I would have told her that I had Discount Tire use summer air in the new tires on her Jeep when I had them put on Monday.

Careful with that.  Lots of times Discount Tire will SAY they used summer air but they really used the leftover Spring air that's been in the back of the shop too long.  They are sneaky like that

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 12string said:

Careful with that.  Lots of times Discount Tire will SAY they used summer air but they really used the leftover Spring air that's been in the back of the shop too long.  They are sneaky like that

I've heard rumors of shady tire sellers using recycled Chinese air they reclaim from shipping containers.   

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2018 at 12:33 PM, jsharr said:

Like checking the pressure on all your car tires, including the spare

The spare on the Pilot (the car that I have not yet learned to love) has the stupid donut spare (should be illegal) up underneath the car with some kind of winch system to get it down (should also be illegal). When my tire got slashed recently in my driveway the winch didn’t work. After generous amounts of penetrating oil were applied and the winch worked back and forth the spare donut came down. It was a brand new never been used donut with the little titties still on the tread. I scraped about ten pounds of dried mud off the tire and then hoses off the rest so I could see the proper inflation pressure on the sidewall. 60# I checked the pressure and it was thirty. Turned on my air compressor and aired it up to sixty pounds. When I removed the air chuck the inside of the valve blew out. I have not yet learned to love this car.

• Heart 1

39 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The spare on the Pilot (the car that I have not yet learned to love) has the stupid donut spare (should be illegal) up underneath the car with some kind of winch system to get it down (should also be illegal). When my tire got slashed recently in my driveway the winch didn’t work. After generous amounts of penetrating oil were applied and the winch worked back and forth the spare donut came down. It was a brand new never been used donut with the little titties still on the tread. I scraped about ten pounds of dried mud off the tire and then hoses off the rest so I could see the proper inflation pressure on the sidewall. 60# I checked the pressure and it was thirty. Turned on my air compressor and aired it up to sixty pounds. When I removed the air chuck the inside of the valve blew out. I have not yet learned to love this car.

The spare in the RAV4 is under a panel in the back of the SUV.  But it is screwed to the floor with a big wonky plastic nut thingee with the valve facing the floor.  You have to take the tire out to check the pressure.  It has to be aired to 60 psi as well.  stupid save a spares.  The boss runs run flat tires.  His car does not have a spare.  It has some sort of air pump with a bottle of sealant that you can pump into the tire and then air it up if needed.

28 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The spare in the RAV4 is under a panel in the back of the SUV.  But it is screwed to the floor with a big wonky plastic nut thingee with the valve facing the floor.  You have to take the tire out to check the pressure.  It has to be aired to 60 psi as well.  stupid save a spares.  The boss runs run flat tires.  His car does not have a spare.  It has some sort of air pump with a bottle of sealant that you can pump into the tire and then air it up if needed.

When my wife bought a new Accord just before we closed the deal I made them include a real spare. They did but they didn't want the donut spare in exchange, they don't like them either.  I think at minimum they should give you options of what kind of spare or no spare instead of trying to shove those stupid worthless donuts down our throats..

7 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Speaking of spare tires, My son wants to replace mine because the tread doesn't match the tires on the Jeep. He also wants to do a 3" lift and add 35" tires. He won't pay for it and wife says no modifications so it's not happening.

image.jpeg

Yep.  I had 31 x 10.50s on my YJ.  Had to buy 5 when I put em on.  Been there and done that.  

5 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

The spare should always match the other 4........ unless I'm paying for it.  WoKzoo's Jeep needs new tires soon.  I doubt I will buy 5.  No, I know I'm not buying 5.

Which other 4 posters are gonna match with the likes of you?!

Oh, tires, never mind.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

They tell you that and then they give you a fricken donut, WTF?:runcirclsmiley:

We're talking external mounted spares designed to make the vehicle manly.  Like the one WoKzoo drives.

Donuts are for people that don't travel with a can of fix-a-flat.

Just now, Kzoo said:

We're talking external mounted spares designed to make the vehicle manly.  Like the one WoKzoo drives.

Donuts are for people that don't travel with a can of fix-a-flat.

I cannot wait to tell WoKzoo that you are on the interwebs telling everyone your wife is "manly"

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I cannot wait to tell WoKzoo that you are on the interwebs telling everyone your wife is "manly"

My wife used to buy manly vehicles. She has been going downhill on that. After several CRVs. Manual transmission, she bought an automatic Honda Pilot with impossible to access donut spare. She passed that off on me and bought a Honda Oddessy for herself. I guess we all get old

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2018 at 12:11 PM, Dottles said:

I just woke up to some a-hole blowing off rounds at 9:30 a.m.  Now that's true patriotism, man.  

In bed till 9:30 ? Half the day wasted.

On 7/4/2018 at 11:33 AM, jsharr said:

Like checking the pressure on all your car tires

Wo46 made me check the tries on the motorcycle today before our little motorcycle trip tomorrow. One tire was 2 pounds down and she made me put air in it.