No, they did not pave paradise to put up a parking lot

Randomguy

8 minutes ago, Bag of dick said:

Not that asshole. 

...I don't understand why you're down on Joni Mitchell.  Word is she was quite promiscuous when she was young and pretty.

Are you just bitter because it's so much harder to find  a chick who will just give it away now ?

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

...I don't understand why you're down on Joni Mitchell.  Word is she was quite promiscuous when she was young and pretty.

Are you just bitter because it's so much harder to find  a chick who will just give it away now ?

You do not have to tolerate this abuse @Bag of dick.  I would be contacting SWC.

You have to remember that at the time the song was written about doing away with Paradise, we were using pesticides that were greatly reducing wild bird populations because they were making the eggs fragile, the Ohio River literally caught fire for miles and miles and days and days, acid rain had destroyed all fish life in over 1000 lakes in the Northeastern USA, and women walking down the streets of Baltimore, Pittsburgh and other industrial towns would watch their hosiery partially disintegrate while they walked.

Songs like Big Yellow Taxi and the movement it represents were part of the reason we don't have that anymore.

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, Bag of dick said:

How dumb do you have to be to write crap like that? 

Stupidest song ever. 

If you had moved from where I just did, no, they did pave paradise to put up a parking lot, a couple times over.

Counting Crows is one of those bands that released an amazing debut album out of the blue, and then never came close to matching it.  I guess music history is full of such artists.

Joni Mitchell's songwriting talents are top notch, but for the most part I find her voice quite disagreeable.  However, I feel like I am coming around.

It's going to be a long time before I "come around" to the little forced laugh she tacks onto the end of her version of "Taxi".  yech

I think her song "River" as linked above is nothing short of a masterpiece.  

• Awesome 1