Sometimes I determine how much I hate a city by the weather.

Wilbur

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

Buffalo is awesome!

My nephew is in Buffalo this summer and wants to move there if he can get a job in the area when he finishes his MBA this December.  He spent the last few winters in Western NY, so he's not totally unaware of what the weather is.

• Heart 1

Just now, Kirby said:

My nephew is in Buffalo this summer and wants to move there if he can get a job in the area when he finishes his MBA this December.

Job Market and Housing market are both hot right now.  But compared to metro NYC and most of the east coast, housing is a bargain. Easy to find a 3 bedroom house for 125 - 200K

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

This is why I nominate Houston as the sh*thole of the USA. 

Them's fightin' words, Wilbur. We had a high yesterday well below 90 for most of the day. Of course, they cancelled 4th of July celebrations everywhere because it was flooding. :whistle:  But having lived in NOLA for a spell, I can tell you that summers in NOLA are much more miserable than in Houston. Houstonians bitch and moan about the humidity, but it ain't nothin' compared to NOLA in August. Half that city takes the month off and goes to Colorado. The other half can't afford to leave. And Houston has A/C everywhere you go while NOLA just builds tall ceilings to "let the heat go up." Frankly, Houston would still be a little town with a port but for the invention of A/C.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ltdskilz said:

Them's fightin' words, Wilbur. We had a high yesterday well below 90 for most of the day. Of course, they cancelled 4th of July celebrations everywhere because it was flooding. :whistle:  But having lived in NOLA for a spell, I can tell you that summers in NOLA are much more miserable than in Houston. Houstonians bitch and moan about the humidity, but it ain't nothin' compared to NOLA in August. Half that city takes the month off and goes to Colorado. The other half can't afford to leave. And Houston has A/C everywhere you go while NOLA just builds tall ceilings to "let the heat go up." Frankly, Houston would still be a little town with a port but for the invention of A/C.

I was there yesterday..  Landing in the torrential downpour.  It seems that way every time I go to Houston.   Sorry Ltdskillz, you need to move.  NOLA has musics.  :) 

• Heart 1