Weekend plans this first weekend in July!!!

petitepedal

My niece is part of a classical music concert. She plays piano and is in the Bell choir. We’re going to watch her in Houghton NY Saturday. The heat is supposed to break and it should be comfortable in the concert hall. Plan to have a picnic or dinner out withmy brother and sister in law and niece after the concert. 

Should put the finishing touches on the bathroom remodel this weekend.  After that I am going riding. Would like a couple hundred more miles before we head to Nova Scotia next Friday.

Well, Do2 & the grand young'un are here. They go back to T-town tomorrow. Not sure how that's happening, but I can guess that I'll be conscripted to drive them 1/2 way to a meeting point (Exit 185 has a Starbucks & that's almost exactly 1/2 way).

I am changing out the worthless fogs on my truck to fogs & spots. I have the old ones out & have the left one ready to go back in. I have to finish the mod on the right one, make up the jumper wires for the fog harness, and wire up the trigger wire from the high beams to the relay to run the spots.

Do enough garage cleaning/tossing to fill the garbage and recycle cans.

Wo2 & I are behind on our movie going, maybe Solo, Incredibles 2, Ant Man & the Wasp, or Deadpool 2,

Travel to FL on Sunday so I can be at the site bright & early Monday AM.

Wife and I are packing the bikes and heading up the central coast.  I had a coastal route and an inland route mapped out but may have to find another coastal route as it's supposed to be really hot this weekend.

As we are both working today we didn't book a room for tonight as I figured we'd get an early start tomorrow.  WOchrisl is talking about blowing doors tonight and winging it... It could work out fine or we could be spending $300 for a sleazy motel in Oxnard...

I guess we will be packing MIL up and moving her to an assisted living center. My wife was crying yesterday while on the phone with her sister. We had 40 hours a week in home care for her but that isn’t enough. She doesn’t know her youngest daughter anymore and she has no clue what time it is or what meal she should be eating. Meals on wheels brings lunch and dinner. She eats lunch at noon and at two o’clock the other day she was eating her dinner. She thought it was her lunch. She has gone downhill ever since dad passed. We found a really nice place for her. It’s only two miles from her house.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, 12string said:

I believe I'll finally get the exploding thermostat replaced.  Really hop to get the spring commissioning started on the boat.  There's a chance I'll drink some beer, but that's not a plan, it just happens

Maybe I missed a thread, but what possessed you to get an exploding thermostat?  I would recommend something more stable for the replacement.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Maybe I missed a thread, but what possessed you to get an exploding thermostat?  I would recommend something more stable for the replacement.

This is for the car, not the water heater (though I am noticing a theme here....) where I will be replacing the thermostat that exploded with one that hopefully will not explode.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Early Saturday morning wo46 and I will be headind out on the motorcycle and meeting up with friends around Eagle River Wisconsin.

As I'm typing this I hear the lawnmower start up. I don't think that it needs cutting but the lawn needs to be prefect.

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Test your brakes before you are up to speed.

No worries, he knows what he is doing.

5 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Hey @Old#7 we need a hillbilly update. How is LAJ and the rest of the clan doing?

I haven't heard anything in a while. 500 miles away seems to be a good distance. LAJ is still living with RtJ and Dumplin'. RtJ quit his warehouse job and is now working at the battery/bulb store with dear old dad. Dumplin' went back to working at the UDF (gas/convenience store). We haven't heard about Scott (JtM's oldest son) since he checked himself out of the hospital. He is either dead and nobody knows it or living homeless somewhere scoring drugs when he can.

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Cheap Jeep parts up in Poolesville, MD. A nice drive or ride from Fairfax!

Tom

My son wants a tub to build a rail Jeep around but that looks too well done for his needs. A "hold my beer" moment for sure.

• Heart 2

31 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

4 hours of riding hills tomorrow.

4 mile run Sunday.

Plus regular house / yard type stuff.

People who run inevitably get knee/feet/hip and/or back problems.  This is a one-to-one ratio by all observable data.  People who run are destroying their joints, you don't need a doctor to point this out.  I think you should stop because of this certainty.