Will you be watching the tour?

Road Runner

I don't have cable TV, so last year I paid to watch it online, but this year, meh.  After all these years, I think I'm toured out.  Not much excitement until they get to the mountains anyway, and then it will just be Froome and Sky solidifying their hold on the lead.  Big whoop.    

• Heart 2

Like I say every year, even if I wasn't into the bike racing I might still watch to see the scenery.  Sit and watch an entire flat stage with action only in the last 5km?  Fine by me - give me those helicopter shots of the countryside.

As it happens, though, I do enjoy the racing too, and somehow I can manage to work past the suspicions of doping and just enjoy what I see.

1 minute ago, TrentonMakes said:

those helicopter shots of the countryside.

I've always found it funny that they insert the sound of the copter engine/blades when they go to those helicopter shots.  Absolutely no reason that helicopter noise is required to view helicopter shots, but for some reason, they think that it is.  :)

• Heart 1

I record on the DVR every stage.  Generally, I then watch the first bits to get the "set-up" for the stage, and then I judiciously use the FFW button to get to where the action is.  I generally only skip the TT stages, since those are dreadful. If I am working from home or it is the weekend, I just play it live until I have something else to do like a meeting or a ride.

Tom

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I record on the DVR every stage.  Generally, I then watch the first bits to get the "set-up" for the stage, and then I judiciously use the FFW button to get to where the action is.  I generally only skip the TT stages, since those are dreadful. If I am working from home or it is the weekend, I just play it live until I have something else to do like a meeting or a ride.

Tom

I sorta do the same. During the week I'll check Velonews for the stage results and if I want to watch I'll watch it later in the evening.  On weekends I'll watch it live, its on early out west so usually doesn't interfere with my daily plans.

i guess a better word for me is follow rather than watch.  I'll follow it closely but not necessarily watch it.

Just now, PissedOffLaxDude said:

I'm only watching to see if Froome get's popped for doping.

With all the recent crap that has gone on about banning him from the tour, I am sure Sky will be super careful to keep things properly concealed.  I think the art of doping has advanced to where it is almost undetectable, if done properly.   

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I don't have cable TV, so last year I paid to watch it online, but this year, meh.  After all these years, I think I'm toured out.  Not much excitement until they get to the mountains anyway, and then it will just be Froome and Sky solidifying their hold on the lead.  Big whoop.    

You could maybe find a local heroin dealer and ask if you could watch junkies shoot up.  Sort of the same, just different.

28 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You could maybe find a local heroin dealer and ask if you could watch junkies shoot up.  Sort of the same, just different.

Do they ride bikes after they shoot up?  That would be more fun than watching the tour.  :)

• Heart 1

I will record every day (so no spoilers here!) and when I get home I will turn it on.  It will play during our post work/pre-dinner time and during our meal prep.  (You can see/ hear the tv from the kitchen).  It'll be left on but muted during meal time and after that we will watch/ffwd on the flats and watch the climbs.  The Sky machine may have bored cycling, but I don't care, just as long as Nibali doesn't win.

We enjoy the commentary and the history tidbits as well.  I don't really think much about the doping, I watch the Olympics too.

• Heart 1

I'm on vacation next week, but will watch after that.  I fear the yellow jersey will be a big bore and I can't root for Froome, but I 'll enjoy the sprint stages and the "break away" days.