Do vegetarians/vegans fart a lot?

Dottleshead

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It's well knon that vegans need to ensure the get adequate protein from other sources. Legumes are probably the number one substitute. You know the side effects of that. If Wheels is powering down the beans, is he blowing the covers off the bed??

No, WoWheels makes him go out on the Fart Patio so the covers stay on the bed. 

• Heart 1

On 7/6/2018 at 1:42 PM, Dottles said:

It's well known that vegans need to ensure the get adequate protein from other sources. Legumes are probably the number one substitute. You know the side effects of that. If Wheels is powering down the beans, is he blowing the covers off the bed?? 

Which beans cause farting?  I don't think most vegans or vegetarians would eat many more of those than other folks (as a percentage of overall diet).  I think a surprising amount of folks have milk/lactose issues that cause some real distress, and the gluten intolerant folks get tied in knots over even the slightest amount of gluten.  I'm guessing a lot of the issues other folks run into with food and gas are due to over-stressed guts.  Healthier guts, less stomach distress.

BTW, my dog is a true omnivore with a concentration in the carnivorous side of the equation, and when she farts, it can make your eyes water.

Tom

9 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Which beans cause farting?  I don't think most vegans or vegetarians would eat many more of those than other folks (as a percentage of overall diet).  I think a surprising amount of folks have milk/lactose issues that cause some real distress, and the gluten intolerant folks get tied in knots over even the slightest amount of gluten.  I'm guessing a lot of the issues other folks run into with food and gas are due to over-stressed guts.  Healthier guts, less stomach distress.

BTW, my dog is a true omnivore with a concentration in the carnivorous side of the equation, and when she farts, it can make your eyes water.

Tom

They all do, as far as I know. I get the least musicality from lentils.

1 hour ago, late said:

They all do, as far as I know. I get the least musicality from lentils. 

Lentils are beans???? I've never heard or read that!

I will say lentils give me no gas. Beans like chickpeas give me no gas. I also think beans from a can (which are generally pre-cooked) don't cause gas (for me).  Maybe folks are eating a lot of dried beans?

Tom

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Lentils are beans???? I've never heard or read that!

I will say lentils give me no gas. Beans like chickpeas give me no gas. I also think beans from a can (which are generally pre-cooked) don't cause gas (for me).  Maybe folks are eating a lot of dried beans?

Tom

Lentils are a legume. You can use the liquid from a can of chickpeas as a thickener or binder.

14 minutes ago, late said:

Lentils are a legume. You can use the liquid from a can of chickpeas as a thickener or binder.

I rinse that stuff off the chiickpeas!  It sort of grosses me out :( 

Do lentils (and legumes that are not beans) cause gas for many people?  I definitely can't remember getting noticeable gas from lentils, but maybe I'm used to eating them and my body has adapted.

I will say, though not as powerfully as in my youth, I think I can pass gas on command. If I put my mind to it for a minute or so, I definitely can squeak one out.  It will most likely lack any real potency of smell, but it can be done!

Tom

43 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I've heard of this, it sounds gross.  My wife wants to make whipped cream out of it for me.  I'll give it a try.

I've been meaning to make a low carb bread. I was planning on taking a blender to a can of chickpeas, juice and all.

I've had the can for a couple months now.

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

If you are gonna throw it into a blended, make HUMMUS!!!!!

Hummus.jpeg.2cb5c77de090c531eddd959f1cb36279.jpeg

Tom

What I intend to do is use a cup of regular flour, a can of blended garbanzos, and a cup of Paleo flour, with a couple eggs and 1/4 cup gluten to try and hold it together.

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Fat is good, and I make wraps (pseudo-sandwiches) with it all the time!  Win win!

Tom

Whaa??? Do you make wraps out of bacon or something?

Oh wait, I think I just invented something.