I am conventionally ready for tostadas now

Randomguy

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It is a shame there’s are no tostada-centric restaurants near me. 

One more reason you should come to Texas.  Velcro boots, hairy lesbians, tostadas falling from the sky and Sweet Firefly ice cream close enough to walk the puppies there for a snack.  They give out free cones to the puppies you see.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Get tacos and bust them open. Same same...

I am afraid it is not.  Different experience to eat a tosatada than it is a taco.  I like my crispy beef tacos, don't get me wrong, but the tostada has a certain something about it, like the bastard love child of nachos and pizza.

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

like the bastard love child of nachos and pizza.

OK this I can agree with.  Tostadas are fine, whatever floats your boat & all but the damn things fall apart when I bite into them and make a mess.  I don't get crunchy tacos for the same reason.  

Its not a taste thing with me as I love nachos which is essentially the same thing.  It's a mess thing.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChrisL said:

OK this I can agree with.  Tostadas are fine, whatever floats your boat & all but the damn things fall apart when I bite into them and make a mess.  I don't get crunchy tacos for the same reason.  

Its not a taste thing with me as I love nachos which is essentially the same thing.  It's a mess thing.

I eat my tostadas with a fork.  I know this is strange, but it works.  You turn the fork sideways, slide the tostada betweek the tines and use the fork like a pry bar to break off some tostada.   I did this last night at Tino's Too as I enjoyed my #19 tostadas.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, jsharr said:

I eat my tostadas with a fork.  I know this is strange, but it works.  You turn the fork sideways, slide the tostada betweek the tines and use the fork like a pry bar to break off some tostada.   I did this last night at Tino's Too as I enjoyed my #19 tostadas.

Tostada with a fork??? And you drink your tea with your pinky out too right?  ?

I'm actually hankering ceviche tostadas now thanks to you bastiges!

• Heart 2

45 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So, a hard corn flatbread, jalapeños, shredded meat, maybe some cheese, beans, shredded lettuce, avocado and sliced tomato?  Sounds like everything else Mexican.  Well, not the weather girls. 

No meat (I had african-american beans), but not vegan (cheddar is better in this application).  I also had tomatoes that I sliced and added. I wish I had lettuces.

Yummy good.