Applebees

petitepedal

Had dinner with a friend...their choice...at Applebees tonight..remember their Chicken Oriental Salad...1.400 calories for the typical salad....I had a Chicken Shrimp thing...my friend had a 4 cheese pasta chicken thing..

I have not eaten there in years...not a great choice...but it was my friends choice so...okay...  I have not beem there in years...probably will be years before I go there again......  food...mehh

My dad likes go go there so sometimes I go with him.  I used to think I was being such a good boy for not eating their crap stuff and eating their Oriental Salad only.  Sometimes we believe what we want so we can eat it.  Actually their top sirloin steak with veggies is one of the lowest calorie things on their menu.  

They have had items on the menu that I like. They don’t leave them up very long. I go where the sisters go but I used to get Sam Adams with my meal (the sisters usually pick a family type restaurant with no beer.  Sam Adams is better than coors light but not worth near what they charge so I usually  now I get Asian Salmon with wild rice and broccoli and just drink water.

20 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Had dinner with a friend...their choice...at Applebees tonight..remember their Chicken Oriental Salad...1.400 calories for the typical salad....I had a Chicken Shrimp thing...my friend had a 4 cheese pasta chicken thing..

I have not eaten there in years...not a great choice...but it was my friends choice so...okay...  I have not beem there in years...probably will be years before I go there again......  food...mehh

We went there after a 6+ hr. long bike ride..approx.. 100 km. or more,  from Vancouver BC to St. Mary's in Washington state. Over 3 hrs. was in the rain (yea, believe me) and I just gave up wearing a cycling jacket. I was in shorts that summer.  It's ok if one is exhausted and desperate.  We had no energy to bike ride to a restaurant.  I agree the food is just well, not great nor healthy choices.  

23 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Time for some new friends! :D

Tom