Is there such a thing as a dumb question?

Square Wheels

Yes, yes there is dumb questions (IMHO)

To me, a dumb question is one asked when you have an answer you want to hear and you keep asking it over and over until you get the answer you want.  When we run a course we will have up to eight or nine instructors on site.  Every year someone will ask one person a question and if they do not like the answer they will start shopping for answers and go through the entire Instructor cadre until they find an answer that suits them.  That is a dumb question 

Also, asking a question u can answer yourself but ask others out of laziness is a dumb question.  "What time is it?" For example so someone pulls their phone out to check so you do not have to pull your phone out is a dumb question.

Not really, although it may be perceived as such by some people.  If one needs to know, the need to know.  I try to source out the information before asking some questions, but that is just me.  Remember habits learned as a researcher are hard to shed. Luckily, I never existed in the environments encountered by some of you.

• Heart 2

6 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Not really, although it may be perceived as such by some people.  If one needs to know, the need to know.  I try to source out the information before asking some questions, but that is just me.  Remember habits learned as a researcher are hard to shed. Luckily, I never existed in the environments encountered by some of you.

So, why did the hairless lesbian sit there?