My new pans....breakfast

petitepedal

2 nordic ware skillets..from family of a resident who passed..he washed them and removed any info before he gave them to me..wow so far nothing is sticking..even eggs. Anyone know anything about these? I saw nothing on the nordic ware site.

So this pan did my shredded sweet potato & onion and 1/2 a grilled brat..plus 2 eggs....nothing sticks..I am using a littl oil..but I am not sure I need to. :dontknow:

20180708_070838.jpg

Nice gift.  I am not a fan of non stick pans because of PFOA but if the coating is in good shape, it should be ok provide it hasn't been overheated.  I would toss them if the base is no longer flat or the finish is scratched.  Other than that, cook away. 

When my wife was working for Newell Rubermaid, we used to be able to by stuff in the employee store. Calphalon cookware is one of Rubermaid's many subsidiaries, so we got some pans at wholesale. High priced crap is what it is. even at wholesale, we paid too much. The no stick coating is so effective, it doesn't even stick to the pan.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

When my wife was working for Newell Rubermaid, we used to be able to by stuff in the employee store. Calphalon cookware is one of Rubermaid's many subsidiaries, so we got some pans at wholesale. High priced crap is what it is. even at wholesale, we paid too much. The no stick coating is so effective, it doesn't even stick to the pan.

I live near the All-Clad factory. They have an annual sale of factory-seconds. Some really nice cookware at deeply discounted prices.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I live near the All-Clad factory. They have an annual sale of factory-seconds. Some really nice cookware at deeply discounted prices.

Some of the other subsidiary companies products were a good deal though. Think Lenox and Erwin tools among others.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Nice gift.  I am not a fan of non stick pans because of PFOA but if the coating is in good shape, it should be ok provide it hasn't been overheated.  I would toss them if the base is no longer flat or the finish is scratched.  Other than that, cook away. 

A lot of non-stick coatings are PFOA free, and that is a selling point. I know my Circulons are (and company related Analon) are. Initially got a set of Cuisinart SS but returned them for 2 reasons. Lived with the hot metal handle but the exterior red enamel began flaking off. It appears if was painted on high gloss stainless steel with no primer coat. After using son's non-stick and easier cleanup compared to stainless decided to go with non-stick that was PFOA free and had a non-heat transmitting handle both on pan and covers. That ruled out Calphalon as all their handles were metal, plus while the entry level had non-metal handle, had a flat griddle pan that wasn't holding up - raising in center. That basically left Circulons and Analons with the 'dishwasher safe' label on the Circulons...however have always hand washed.

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Yup..if they scratch they are gone..these are pretty sturdy..

HINT: Store with a paper napkin between to protect both the non-stick surface and the exterior finish. Also, only use wood or plastic utensils...never metal.