I have now decided what Bag of dick and I shall do in NYC when I come to visit: Glamping

Page Turner

4 hours ago, Page Turner said:

The Rise of the Stressed-Out Urban Camper:

New Yorkers are increasingly desperate to get back to nature. And if that means “glamping” at a $650-a-night campsite inside the city limits — well, it’s a start.

merlin_140642934_0a5170e2-7551-4aa4-928f

This would be marvelous.  :nodhead:

RG and I will need you to pay the 600.00 portion of the bill, we will handle the rest.  

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

This would be marvelous.  :nodhead:

RG and I will need you to pay the 600.00 portion of the bill, we will handle the rest.  

...it is your good fortune that I am insanely wealthy. :) Really, everyone here in California is.  Most of us have a personal gold mine in the back yard.

• Awesome 2

5 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...it is your good fortune that I am insanely wealthy. :) Really, everyone here in California is.  Most of us have a personal gold mine in the back yard.

Much like how everyone in Texas has oil wells on their ranches?

• Heart 2

38 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

32 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Much like how everyone in Texas has oil wells on their ranches?

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

• Heart 1

While I don't think it's worth $650, I can see the appeal.   People who live in apartments won't have room to store camping equipment even if they wanted to buy it, and probably won't get that much use from it. But it could be a fun adventure and you'd certainly get some lovely views.

29 minutes ago, Kirby said:

While I don't think it's worth $650, I can see the appeal.   People who live in apartments won't have room to store camping equipment even if they wanted to buy it, and probably won't get that much use from it. But it could be a fun adventure and you'd certainly get some lovely views.

...you can camp in Central Park for free. They call it "Being Homeless". 

• Heart 2

We have that over here.

https://innatcedarfalls.com/lodging/yurts

What You’ll Enjoy During Yurt Camping in Ohio

Each of our 20-foot diameter yurts boast a king-size bed or two twin beds, full bathroom with a tiled shower, comfortable reading rockers, gas log stove, microwave/under counter refrigerator, a wood deck and more. Plus, they are heated and air-conditioned for year round use!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Insane. Wonder if the facility gets fully rented.  Same people should be able to afford to drive out out of town and book a hotel.  Give money to the rural areas instead..of merely urban businesses.

I bet it gets mostly rented. 

You have to move heaven and earth to get out of town here.  Cheap economy size rental car?  $150/day. Then spend the first hour trying to get out of Brooklyn.  Because you had so much fun doing that, spend another hour trying to get outside Manhattan, then spend the next three or four trying to get the next 90-110 miles behind you, unless there are accidents. There are always accidents.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I bet it gets mostly rented. 

You have to move heaven and earth to get out of town here.  Cheap economy size rental car?  $150/day. Then spend the first hour trying to get out of Brooklyn.  Because you had so much fun doing that, spend another hour trying to get outside Manhattan, then spend the next three or four trying to get the next 90-110 miles behind you, unless there are accidents. There are always accidents.  

1063819477.jpg

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Kirby said:

27 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Yeah Kirby! I agree, $650 is more than I can afford for just about anything, but ain't nothing wrong with glamping for a weekend. There is beauty everywhere. I used to believe you had to go to a national park to see beauty. It's all around us. Sand County Almanac taught me otherwise. 

Loving the article you linked Kirby. 

Camping in NYC ain't my thing but go NYers. People spend $60K on a truck and trailer and park it on some groomed gravel and that's roughing it. 

I bet there are some cool birds to see. 

• Heart 1