Gruesome story

Square Wheels

So, yesterday I was mowing the lawn with my garden tractor.  There is an area out back where I dump the clippings.  Every now and then it gets overgrown, so I raise the bed all the way up and mow that down too.  There're are lots of branches and other stuff the blades chop in to, so a loud noise is nothing.  My brother recently took out a tree that fell and leveled off some more of the year.  It's far from perfect, so the blades hit stuff every now and then.  I'm sure they're crap at this point, they still cut the grass / weeds.  Hitting something that makes a loud noise is routine now when I mow.  Lot's of small roots still sticking up, an occasional rock...

Anyhow, I just mowed down the dumping area and saw something twitching.  On closer look, it appeared to be a foot - still attached to what looked like a piece of meat at the butcher shop. It was clearly something I just hit.  I flipped it over, it was a small / baby bunny.  Likely killed instantly.  Almost completely defurred, clearly dead.  When I flipped it over I saw its cute little bunny face.  It had one ear still, the top of it lopped off.

This ruined my day.

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Thanks for ruining mine.

Did you not read the thread title?

There are lots of bunnies all over the yard.  Each spring is like that, then as the summer goes on, I suspect a lot of them get eaten as by fall there are very few.

Now, when I see an adult out there I wonder if it's mom or dad wondering where junior went off to.

• Sad 1

You're a good man Wheels. Just use this as motivation to give extra love and food to the other rabbits kind enough to share your home. Go to the store, I want to see $100.00 worth of lettuce and carrots in this bunny's memory for the rest of her family. 

Her name was Anjie Bunny Moonpie.   

• Heart 2

24 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

You're a good man Wheels. Just use this as motivation to give extra love and food to the other rabbits kind enough to share your home. Go to the store, I want to see $100.00 worth of lettuce and carrots in this bunny's memory for the rest of her family. 

Her name was Anjie Bunny Moonpie.   

We really need a dislike button.

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Haha 1