Wilburino: Can you please tell us the real meaning of Fiddler's Green? From a Canaduh perspective.

Dottleshead

The former Tragically Hip band sang a song off their Road Apples album called Fiddler's Green.  I happen to know there is a road near you called that.  Is this what the Hip were singing about?  Or do you think it was the legendary afterlife?  Does it have any significant inside meaning other than the literal interpretations?  

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

A sad song.  Written for Downey's nephew who died of a heart ailment.  I thought it had more to do with moving into the "afterlife".  I think the Fiddlers Green part is just  poetic licence. 

Is the road near you a pit?  A sleaze strip?  Is it filled with road apples??  Or is it ritzy and glamorous?

37 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Is the road near you a pit?  A sleaze strip?  Is it filled with road apples??  Or is it ritzy and glamorous?

It is the most scenic and picturesque undulating country roads I have ever seen.   Beautiful brick farm houses, red barns, cornfields and blue skies.  Stunning this time of year.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

52 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It is the most scenic and picturesque undulating country roads I have ever seen.   Beautiful brick farm houses, red barns, cornfields and blue skies.  Stunning this time of year.

I trust you are not pulling my leg. Honestly I pictured it that way.