July 8...workout/ride/run/hike...whatcha got?

petitepedal

Worked out at the gym...did most of my trainer session with a friend who couldn't understand why I wasn't on machines....and was trying to follow using way less weight and reps :D  She couldn't believe how hard my workout was...We went shopping afterward...that should count for many steps....didn't get home til almost 4 PM..we met at the gym around 11AM

• Heart 2

BEAUTIFUL weather again!  60 @ 17.3.  Took in two of my favorite but slightly more remote climbs - Stumptown and Taylorstown.  Felt pretty good the whole ride, and I chalk that up to the awesome temps. 

On the plus side, I had a BRILLIANT idea before the ride, and tucked two stroopwafels into a ziploc and put it in my back pocket! They softened up just a bit after 2.5 hours riding.  A great treat on a ride.

On the negative side, I dropped a freaking cleat cover again ? I know where I did it - where I ate the stroops - so I will have to look for it when I get out there again. :(

IMG_6430.thumb.PNG.cf40366771faaf9a333fd73a8ac0045d.PNG

For Road Runner:

IMG_6431.thumb.PNG.dffa441585bddda11c21bfb1d37890da.PNG

image.png.1e8a34db2d9bf252af0e0e4955d7c6f8.png

image.png.dbca69a00076c959ec4b9c0d85293118.png

Tom

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I don't know how to measure it, but today was "stump day" for me.  I did 4 hours digging out the stump of an old apple tree in the back yard.  All I know is that I am tired.

I understand this.  I've dug 18 2x2x3 holes and have 7 more to go.  Digging one of those in rock riddled soil is way more work than riding 60 miles.

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, Dottles said:

I understand this.  I've dug 18 2x2x3 holes and have 7 more to go.  Digging one of those in rock riddled soil is way more work than riding 60 miles.

Which is exactly why folks ride 60 miles for fun and dig holes for a living (or pay someone to dig holes for their living).

Tom

12 hours ago, Dottles said:

Wife and I completed a 13.5 miler today. That's about 48 miles in 3 of 4 days. I think it's a major victory for her... almost zero pain.

Did you end up sorting out a better bike situation for her or is this simply her feeling better overall?  This seems like pretty significant progress.

Tom

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Did you end up sorting out a better bike situation for her or is this simply her feeling better overall?  This seems like pretty significant progress.

Tom

Thanks Tom.   Yeah, we needed to get her more upright.  We added another stem extension as well as replaced her flatbar with some crazy bars. Those bars have 45s on them so she is even more upright if she wants to be.

It's a great deal because there wasn't really any more options for her but to go recumbent or trike and we didn't want to do that.