Trying matcha tea desserts

shootingstar

We are accustomed here to a choice of fresh fruits used for desserts.  In high end bakeries in Tokyo, Kyoto and Seoul that have some European styled desserts with Asian taste influences, we didn't see use of other fresh fruits used.  And we take for granted use of a lot of apples, peaches, cherries, raspberries, blueberries in tarts, pies,etc.  I think there is a desire for this there, because I saw strawberries occasionally used but they don't grow other fruits in huge quantities...at least the diverse berry type that we are accustomed /take for granted in North America.

And that includes grapes.

Very Nice blog. It’s particularly interesting to see how your experience in the same area at the same time as I was there was significantly different, despite many overlapping aspects! We probably passed at some point on the temple steps, or missed each other by mere hours. But my green tea experiences were limited to soft serve ice cream by the bamboo forest. And the green tea Kit Kats found in tokyo station!

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Very Nice blog. It’s particularly interesting to see how your experience in the same area at the same time as I was there was significantly different, despite many overlapping aspects! We probably passed at some point on the temple steps, or missed each other by mere hours. But my green tea experiences were limited to soft serve ice cream by the bamboo forest. And the green tea Kit Kats found in tokyo station!

:)I forgot about the green tea Kit Kats....which in a way I was underwhelmed. I couldn't taste any green tea flavour.