Tornado, hurricane, tsunami, earthquake, volcano, flood, landslide, avalanche?

parodybot

As you know I'm somewhat of a natural disaster junkie. Every time I see a Tsunami I say - I could avoid that. Yet on a per event basis, they are tremendously deadly.

I scheduled this year's vacation at 2 different beaches during the peak of Hurricane season in September. I'll take my chances, though I suspect that my two hotels would be under mandatory evacuation if a strong Hurricane was predicted.

1 minute ago, parodybot said:

You have too many teeth and too few wives for that to happen.

I'm guessing I'd have to check the urban dictionary to get what you are saying.

I was referring to this:

Certain species of phytoplankton and dinoflagellates found in the red tide contain photosynthetic pigments that vary in color from brown to red. When the algae are present in high concentrations, the water appears to be discolored or murky, varying in color from a rust color to pink to blood red. Specifically, red tide species can be found in oceans, bays and places where freshwater meets saltwater but they can not thrive in freshwater environments due to the lack of salinity. The growth of the algal bloom depends on wind, temperature, nutrients, and salinity.[1][2] Some red tide algal blooms are associated with fish kills. The production of natural toxins such as brevotoxins[3] and ichthyotoxins are harmful to marine life. Generally red tides are described as harmful algal blooms or HABs. The most conspicuous effects of these kinds of red tides are the associated wildlife mortalities as well as harmful human exposure.

1 minute ago, BuffJim said:

I'm guessing I'd have to check the urban dictionary to get what you are saying.

I was referring to this:

Certain species of phytoplankton and dinoflagellates found in the red tide contain photosynthetic pigments that vary in color from brown to red. When the algae are present in high concentrations, the water appears to be discolored or murky, varying in color from a rust color to pink to blood red. Specifically, red tide species can be found in oceans, bays and places where freshwater meets saltwater but they can not thrive in freshwater environments due to the lack of salinity. The growth of the algal bloom depends on wind, temperature, nutrients, and salinity.[1][2] Some red tide algal blooms are associated with fish kills. The production of natural toxins such as brevotoxins[3] and ichthyotoxins are harmful to marine life. Generally red tides are described as harmful algal blooms or HABs. The most conspicuous effects of these kinds of red tides are the associated wildlife mortalities as well as harmful human exposure.

Image result for crimson tide meme

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, late said:

Tornado, hurricane, tsunami, earthquake, volcano, flood, landslide, avalanche?

I live on a hill in Maine, I don't get any of that.

Btw, you forgot the Yellowstone caldera.

How about a wicked pissah of a nor'easter then?

3 minutes ago, parodybot said:

How about a wicked pissah of a nor'easter then?

Worst I've seen is ice. We got so much we lost power for 9 days. They're better about trimming around the power lines now.

49 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I have lived through Hurricanes and floods and earthquakes.  Landslides, avalanches, tornadoes and volcanoes?  No thanks

What about a red tide!?!?!?  We had a serious one a few years back.  The Pacific ocean looked like a giant sea of coffee.  It was weird but we survived.

Tornados scare me, done numerous earthquakes and a tropical storm that had recently downgraded from a hurricane.  I had to work outside when it made landfall, yeah that sucked...

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Don't forget landslides. There was a whole community in Oso, WA wiped off the map.

He didn't forget them,  He did a pretty good job of covering the bases in this tasteless thread.

BTW, tornados do some freaky shit.  Been in more than one.  Seen houses torn apart next to a house that did not get touched.  Seen a record stuck  in a tree.   Seen a full six pack of beer still in the plastic rings left in the middle of a field...