Do you add stuff to your coffee or drink flavored coffee

jsharr

Most days (about 89.3% of the time) I add a tiny splash of coffee mate to my coffee.  Not much, just a splash.  If using half and half, I go a bit heavier.

When camping, I drink it black.

When I go to an uppity breakfast place, like Cafe Brazil will try one of their flavored coffees.  I like the Southern Pecan one

http://cafebrazil.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Cafe-Brazil-Coffee-Menu-2011.pdf

I seldom if ever add sugar.

I add 1/2 & 1/2.  When camping, I add Coffee Mate-type powder, since we just do Vias while camping.  We used to do the whole french press thing and use 1/2 & 1/2, but now find the Vias plus the powdered stuff is WAY easier to do, offers just enough flavor to keep us satisfied, and, if we happen to pass a coffee shop later on, we can hit that up for real stuff.

Tom

6 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I drink any kind of coffee.  Full strength (black), cream, cream with sugar, espresso, espresso w/ cream, espresso with cream and sugar, iced, hot, luke warm, in ice cream --- oh, yeah no salsa.  In my experience coffee and salsa don't mix.

http://cuckooking.blogspot.com/2011/05/coffee-infused-medium-salsa.html

https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drink/2015/02/the-localist-zukali-chipotle-kafe-salsa/

Both

In the morning with standard coffee will include sugar and half and half.

Afternoon Nespresso...as brewed.

Don't do flavored coffee or creamers, but do enjoy the various blends of Nespresso - more towards the darker, richer side. Unfortunately, just missed re-ordering the Cuban which was great but periodically available.

Just now, JerrySTL said:

I haven't had a drink of coffee in over 45 years. Not because of religious grounds (pun intended) or anything dietary. I just never drank the stuff.

Yeah, I am at the opposite side of the pendulum on this.  It's probably best that you didn't -- but who knows?  The rap on coffee is like a pendulum.  Some days it's the magic elixir and other days it's cancer.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Espresso, black.   No sissies! 

When coffee was new to Europe, it didn't have a lot of flavor, and it was very expensive.

So they roasted it black so that burned quality would give it some real flavor. The pressure in espresso machines extracted the largest possible amount from the coffee, to get the most bang for your buck.

IOW, it's obsolete technology.

15 minutes ago, late said:

When coffee was new to Europe, it didn't have a lot of flavor, and it was very expensive.

So they roasted it black so that burned quality would give it some real flavor. The pressure in espresso machines extracted the largest possible amount from the coffee, to get the most bang for your buck.

IOW, it's obsolete technology.

All well and fine, but that is what I like.  Why drink something I don't?