So, power tool folks

2Far

It would cost me a small fortune to buy that.  I'm running Porter Cable 20V anyways, got the stupid light, drill, impact driver, circular saw, reciprocating saw, jig saw, brad nailer, crown stapler.  Only thing I think I don't have is the oscillating multi tool, but I've got a Milwaukee red one of those that I really like.

We got the 20volt drill at work a while ago. I'm impressed with how much better it is than the 18 volt one it replaced.

We got a Dewalt grinder pushed as 60 volt max. I had some doubts and bought a corded grinder at the same time, thinking that the battery one would be handy for small jobs, but not willing to give up the corded one for 'real' work.....The corded one hasn't been out of the box yet...

PS I used the drill to tap some 1/2 x 13 holes the other day. Had to grind flats on the tap before the chuck would hold, once that was done it powered through, even at a slow controlled speed.

• Heart 1

58 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I bought a recip saw, did not previous have one & could occasionally borrow one from work. Bought a circular saw as my old one had died & it looks like Wo2 is lining up some As-Seen-On-HGTV projects.

I have that Dewalt reciprocating saw for my 18v batteries.  It eats through them in minutes.  It's a great tool.  Great when you don't want to deal with a corded recip saw (which I also have) and really great in the yard with the pruning blade.  My problem is that it goes through batteries like it's cutting theough butter.

13 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I have that Dewalt reciprocating saw for my 18v batteries.  It eats through them in minutes.  It's a great tool.  Great when you don't want to deal with a corded recip saw (which I also have) and really great in the yard with the pruning blade.  My problem is that it goes through batteries like it's cutting theough butter.

I didn't have much luck with those 18v batteries. They didn't seem to last very long or survive very many charges.

16 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Real men use a chain saw.  

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I've put a gallon and a half of gas thru my chain saws this summer.

#callmearealman

sounds like you may have a slow leak.  check the fuel lines.  the ethanol in the gas will cause them to crack, same with the diaphragm in the fuel pump.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Real men use a chain saw.  

As of this year I have one of those but today I purchased a mini chain saw on a pole so that I can trim branches about 10feet off the ground.  I just wasn't comfortable climbing up a ladder with a chain saw. (not that I'm ever comfortable climbing up a ladder.)

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

As of this year I have one of those but today I purchased a mini chain saw on a pole so that I can trim branches about 10feet off the ground.  I just wasn't comfortable climbing up a ladder with a chain saw. (not that I'm ever comfortable climbing up a ladder.)

can I borrow it?

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Sure.  Drive on out and pick it up, us it and then drive it back.  It's electric and battery operated and after tax et al under $80 on Amazon.  I guess I'm going to need another couple of Black and Decker 20 batteries.

could you go ahead and order those and have them charged and with the saw?