7/11 miles

bikeman564™

I'm forcing myself off the bike right now.  The different saddle on my Anthem created a saddle sore that just won't go away but I also refuse to stop riding.... The second ride of my weekend trip was brutal and really made it worse. 

I put the saddle on my old mtn bike on the Anthem and I'm gonna let the sore heal up completely however long it may take.

I hit the gym last night, plan to do the same today.  Treadmill time for the meanwhile.

• Heart 4
  • Sad 1

Nice weather again today - a little humid but pleasant high 80s/low 90s.  31 @ 19.2. 

So, I wrapped up the work day, grabbed my stuff and headed down to the garage. Rear tire on the Tarmac was flat.  I am assuming it is the same reason as the flat a month ago or so. Anyway, that can be dealt with later, and I grabbed the Roubaix off the wall, pumped up the tires (they were at ~40psi!), and headed out.  Luckily, the Garmin picks up everything regardless of bike, so I only burned about 3 minutes swapping bikes.  The Roubaix doesn't get too much love lately,, but with 11 years of experience, it has earned some wall time.  What's interesting is 1) how plush and quiet it is, and 2) how relaxed I have it set up relative to the Tarmac.  Regarding #1, it is like butter, and shifts silently, covers the road quietly, and the Powertap rear hub is even quieter than the one on the Tarmac.  It just rolls over bumps and imperfections with ease.  Regarding #2, it has a longer wheelbase, wider handlebars (44 vs 42), and a taller headtube. In any case, I think I might put the same bars as the Tarmac on it and drop the stem a little.  Great bike, though. I think it may be Specialized's greatest incarnation of the Roubaix line.

Anyway, my route was chosen today based on my losing my cleat cover last Sunday.  I assumed it was likely dropped when I snacked on my stroopwafels, so I added an extra 1/2 mile to my normal turn-around point to check the spot. B-I-N-G-O!!!!!!!  Twice now I have dropped a cleat cover, and twice now I have returned to where I thought I lose them and  found them. :D

IMG_6439.thumb.PNG.e4c482774a103f2963bf4c15b064442a.PNG

IMG_6438.thumb.JPG.82ec7dd513f4acb78edebca7fa82fcf5.JPG

IMG_6436.thumb.JPG.a414b6440a631286c4ce9f43c7d535db.JPG

IMG_6437.thumb.JPG.6fde5ee1b44b983c8320f1dba33b4412.JPG

Tom

• Heart 3

13 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Anyway, my route was chosen today based on my losing my cleat cover last Sunday.  I assumed it was likely dropped when I snacked on my stroopwafels, so I added an extra 1/2 mile to my normal turn-around point to check the spot. B-I-N-G-O!!!!!!!  Twice now I have dropped a cleat cover, and twice now I have returned to where I thought I lose them and  found them

Looks like a Speedplay cleat cover. They make covers for the Speedplay X, Zero, and Light Action cleats that you keep on all the time. They work really well too. Search EBay and Amazon. Buy two pairs as you still can lose one.

• Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Looks like a Speedplay cleat cover. They make covers for the Speedplay X, Zero, and Light Action cleats that you keep on all the time. They work really well too. Search EBay and Amazon. Buy two pairs as you still can lose one.

I've seen the aero ones but yet to replace my current cleats. I would still lose those round doodads :(

zero_walk_red.jpg.f2afe80822f54d7a265bf18939fdbb01.jpg

Tom