Have any of you purchased a microwave popcorn popper recently?

sheep_herder

I am thinking about buying another one, as the old one gave up the ship several years ago and began to crack.  I want a simple one like I had before with a slotted top and without accelerators, etc. to help the pop.  I don't want to have to purchase the popper and then supplies.  I just want the popper.  Any suggestions?

We've had a microwave since I moved to Montana in 1988. I moved here alone and thought it would be a good time to learn to use the microwave for cooking different items.  It work well, as I did not go hungry.  I use to do the same thing when loading new software, as I waited until I had a project to work with and learn the software.  By the end of the project, I was good to go.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I use an air popper, but that defeats your not wanting to warm up the house.

I cannot stand bagged, as it leaves a film of gook inside my mouth

I can't stand air poppers, popcorn is to dry.  Plus you can't use bacon grease to pop your corn then.

Remember the time when folks used brown paper bags from the grocery store to pop corn in the microwave? That came to a screeching halt, when bags were made from recycled material that contained a bit of metal.  Use them and you might have burned pop corn and a ruined microwave.  Those were exciting times.:whistle: I like to use something that is reusable, so we save a few trees and don't fill up the landfill. 

Totally off the subject, but I refuse to use the big plastic fly catchers, that once full, you take to the land fill.  I'd rather use sticky strips to catch the little pests. That is all.

Thanks for the suggestions.

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

I can't stand air poppers, popcorn is to dry.  Plus you can't use bacon grease to pop your corn then.

I pour melted butter over mine after air popping.  I imagine you could do the same with microwave corn.  We used to have a microwave popper, but it cracked. 

Just now, jsharr said:

I pour melted butter over mine after air popping.  I imagine you could do the same with microwave corn.  We used to have a microwave popper, but it cracked. 

Yep, that is what happened to mine, but I can't complain, as we used it for many years. I glad to see more on the market that don't use accelerators, etc. that need to be replaced over time.