"Cry Baby Hill"

donkpow

6 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I wish someone would hold out money or beer when I was biking.  When I was riding to work today I met a lady walking that as I approached, literally covered her eyes.  I hope it was the sun.  ?

In about '72 my buddy & I were bicycling to a friends camp in the Adirondacks, 40 maybe 50 miles, that was unusual back then.

Any way we were nearing the end, getting pretty tired, passing a bar. A bunch (3?) of people came running out waving and yelling. They had passed us some miles down the road, were impressed as hell, and wanted to buy us beer. 

We humbly accepted.... 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I think it's funny that the crowd fills the street between laps. Then the refs clear the street. The riders pass.  Repeat.?

I just think that is hilarious.

These are Okies.  They like to fish for catfish by shoving their hands into holes underwater.  They were in fancy dress in the video. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

The only pro criterium I ever watched was somewhere in Ohio while I was doing GOBA. It didn’t look like as much fun as this crybaby hill race. I was in a bar on the side of the road where they were passing by. The bartender said the race starts in ten minutes, you might want to try to find a place to watch from. The sidewalks were packed with spectators but I think most of them were us. There were I think 2,600 of us on GOBA that year. I wonder what the racers thought about all the bicycles lining the streets the whole way around the course?

24 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The only pro criterium I ever watched was somewhere in Ohio while I was doing GOBA. It didn’t look like as much fun as this crybaby hill race. I was in a bar on the side of the road where they were passing by. The bartender said the race starts in ten minutes, you might want to try to find a place to watch from. The sidewalks were packed with spectators but I think most of them were us. There were I think 2,600 of us on GOBA that year. I wonder what the racers thought about all the bicycles lining the streets the whole way around the course?

GOBA? Get Out and Bike America?

• Haha 1