Let's Play The Price Is Right!

ChrisL

At Terminal C of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport we have one Noca Which "Simple Salad" with chicken and a bottled water.  

Anyone care to take a guess?????

If you guessed $17.99 you are the big winner!!!  Freaking airport food...

36 minutes ago, dennis said:

Call me crazy, but who buys bottled water? 

I do.  I buy the carbonated stuff.  I love ice cold carbonated water... especially naturally flavored water... just as good as soda, zero calories, no teeth issues, and you can really get some quality belches out of them.  But mine come in an aluminum can or glass.  My wife buys that plastic bottled water crap.  Why?  Because it's easy to grab a container and throw it in the car I guess.

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

People who are REALLY thirsty where that is all that is available..

I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that won't give you a glass of water for free or an airport that doesn't have a drinking fountain with a bottle filler. 

8 hours ago, Dottles said:

My wife buys that plastic bottled water crap.  Why?  Because it's easy to grab a container and throw it in the car I guess.

And tap water out of a sink is virtually free. Next someone will figure out a way to sell us air. 

1 hour ago, dennis said:

I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that won't give you a glass of water for free or an airport that doesn't have a drinking fountain with a bottle filler. 

And tap water out of a sink is virtually free. Next someone will figure out a way to sell us air. 

This is kind of a funny tangent to my post.

I had 30 minutes to grab a bite to eat and jump on a plane.  The water was there so I got one.  Yeah I could've gotten water out of a fountain, yeah I could've stuck my head in the bathroom sink, yeah I could've waited until I got on the plane.  If I really had my shit together I would have remembered to grab my hydroflask out of my car.  

But I did none of those things and got a $4 bottled water from the airport.  Yeah the environment and yeah I probably could have saved my company a few bucks and put a few more into the pockets of corporate fat cats but I didn't consider them either. I'm a self centered bastage that way.

Oh hey and although I have a cupboard full of glassware, I make my lazy ass kids and their friends use Solo cups! How do you like them apples! ?

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, dennis said:

But this way, she can spend our money, give it to some asshat company like Nestle, and contribute to the destruction of our planet.  I think she's got her priorities right.  ?

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

OMG.  Let's not go down the Lou Reed road.  He might have been hippie.  Iconoclast for sure.

My brother met him in public and said he was a real douchebag.

But my brother was born in 1969, much too young to be a hippie. But he was a Deadhead.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Not my choice, business...  I have to go to Plano soon too...  They will probably send me to Rochester in December...

You know I live on the Richardson / Plano border and my kids go to Plano schools right?   What part of Plano?