Lets hear everyone's opinion of rotisserie chicken

Further

We get the grocery ones every now & again. We go to this place called Chicken Maison and their rotisserie chicken is to die for.  Not too salty and oh so tender & flavorful. A side of steamed veggies and I'm done.  

I think we're over due for a visit.

56 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I've never had one.  We will often throw a whole chicken or two into the smoker though.  Similar I would imagine.  

Yours is probably better. We get one every few weeks. Wegmans chickens are pretty good. Convenient weekday dinner. 

3 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I've never had one.  We will often throw a whole chicken or two into the smoker though.  Similar I would imagine.  

You impress me as the sort that would shove a can of beer, or maybe Coors Light up a chicken carcasses ass and toss it onto the smoker.

I like to think I can roast a tasty chicken myself, but that's not always practical.  On a weeknight when we're pressed for time, sure.

Rotisserie chicken must be a loss leader at the supermarket.  Not sure how they can make any money selling an entire, seasoned, ready to eat chicken for five or six bucks.

Not too salty for me.

• Heart 2

I buy one on occasion. It's cheap and versatile. Feed the family dinner when I don't feel like cooking. Leftovers go into chicken salad and the bones make a good stock that I keep in the freezer. $5 at Costco or the local grocery. Wegmans charges $10, their chicken isn't better than the other places. 

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, MickinMD said:

It's not bad as long as it's not dry. I've had bad luck a couple of times from one particular Walmart (there are 3 within 20 min. of my house) and won't get it there any more.

Costco is far and away the best place to buy rotisserie chicken.  You should go there. 

• Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...