I could kick Petites butt in car buying

jsharr

And considering it's an FCA product, how close is the service center?  Do you know though service manager's first name yet?  Have you started sending him beer to insure good service when your car is spending time in natural state, on a lift?

• Haha 1

Just now, Indy said:

Nice car, but I freaking hate touch screens in cars, really think they don't belong in cars.  

I like it.  So far this interface is clean and intuitive.  It is sort of like a Microsoft product though, as there are about three ways to control most things.

Steering wheel has buttons front and back on both sides and can control phone, audio, cruise, the small display between the tach and speedo.

The there are buttons for most of the features either on the dash or doors.  You can control climate and audio with knobs and buttons

Then there is the touch screen that seems to be the master control.   

1 minute ago, Indy said:

And considering it's an FCA product, how close is the service center?  Do you know though service manager's first name yet?  Have you started sending him beer to insure good service when your car is spending time in natural state, on a lift?

I have owned other FCA vehicles and have not had any real issues and this one came with an extended warranty so I am good to go for 6 years or 72000 miles from date of purchase. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Truck was wrecked 06/02/18.

Gieco finally sent me a check for it on 07/08/18.

Last night I bought this, a 2017 Chrysler 300C. 

Image result for 2017 chrysler 300c

It has more bells and whistles than any other car I have ever owned and is a huge departure from the truck it replaced.  My son keeps finding stuff.  Today on the way to school he made it blow cold air on my butt.  It has heated and cooled seats and you can control almost all the functions in the car through the touch screen.
2017-chrysler-300-limited-sedan-audio-system.png

I trust the thank you note is already in the mail?

22 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I am going to see if @Wilbur can get me this and kill two birds with one stone.  Gun rack and horns on the hood

121.jpg

...I'm sorry, but as your mechanical design consultant I feel I must point out that you can't run belt fed weaponry effectively without some better plan for handling the belts.

I'd like to suggest that switching to surface to surface missiles might be a better alternative.  You could purchase the heat seeding guidance option as an upgrade, to remain "fully loaded" in your car choice.

...we drove my wife's new car over to the beach yesterday.  It seems to be about what we expected, but they gave us a "free trial" of Sirius satellite radio.

OMG, the Jazz DJ's on Sirius are some of the most irritating radio announcers I have ever had the misfortune to hear.  It's swell to be able to drive along and not experience station fade, but I found myself wishing that the Sirius jazz station would fade to give me a reason to switch to something else.:angry:

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...we drove my wife's new car over to the beach yesterday.  It seems to be about what we expected, but they gave us a "free trial" of Sirius satellite radio.

OMG, the Jazz DJ's on Sirius are some of the most irritating radio announcers I have ever had the misfortune to hear.  It's swell to be able to drive along and not experience station fade, but I found myself wishing that the Sirius jazz station would fade to give me a reason to switch to something else.:angry:

the 80s channel and the New Wave channel are mostly old MTV vjays.  Kind of cool to hear them again.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

the 80s channel and the New Wave channel are mostly old MTV vjays.  Kind of cool to hear them again.

Numerous LA DJ's are on Sirius as well.  Richard Blade, Swedish Eagle, Sluggo and more.  I love  my satallite radio, its worth the fees to me.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Numerous LA DJ's are on Sirius as well.  Richard Blade, Swedish Eagle, Sluggo and more.  I love  my satallite radio, its worth the fees to me.

It wasn't bad, I paid for awhile after getting hooked during one of their extended free periods.  But I found it was cheaper to go unlimited data plan on my cell and then use one of the multitude of free streaming apps.  A lot of times, I honestly don't know how they've stayed in business for so long.  While it wasn't bad, I quickly became annoyed by the lack of variety on satellite radio.

11 minutes ago, Geico said:

Hey, I didn’t hit your car. I just low balled you, made you fight for a fair amount and then dragged my feet, cost you money with your lender on payoff and then finally got off my ass and sent you the check!

Thanks for nothing, bug breath.  Oh, and by the way, it was a truck

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

It wasn't bad, I paid for awhile after getting hooked during one of their extended free periods.  But I found it was cheaper to go unlimited data plan on my cell and then use one of the multitude of free streaming apps.  A lot of times, I honestly don't know how they've stayed in business for so long.  While it wasn't bad, I quickly became annoyed by the lack of variety on satellite radio.

yeah that's an option too.  I have company phones so try to limit personal data use.

My wife doesn't pay for satellite in her car but loved commercial free radio during our road trip.

3 hours ago, Indy said:

I owned a Plymouth Neon. The AAA telephone operators got to recognize my voice. Until that fateful March day when they told me there was a limit of 6 service calls in a calendar year.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Opinions are like ass holes. Everyone has one & some of them stink.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

True, my thought is though, there has been lots of effort put towards banning texting and driving and cell phone use in general while driving.  So what do automakers do, basically put a tablet in the dash to control everything that requires you to look at it and focus on touching a button that isn't there.  The entire logic has seemed completely backwards to me.

• Heart 1

My brother-in-law got a 2017 Dodge Ram to replace his 2003 Dodge Ram yesterday. The original price, 13 months earlier was $42,300 and he got it for $23,000 with a 2.9% 6-yr loan. It was owned by a rental company and had 30K miles on it but everything was in virtually new shape. He had the Carfax info - no accidents, floods, etc.  I rode home with him from the dealer, out in the rural areas of northern Maryland, and his only sorrow was no DVD player. I told him I'd copy all his DVD's into folders on a USB stick drive and then all he had to do was plug it into the USB music ports in his new truck, but he wasn't thrilled. I think he will be when he sees the result.

I keep finding more things to love. The voice recognition software controls much of the touch screen. I can tell navigation to drive to and a dress or to look for a destination and then it will guide me there.

It also will put a smaller navigation map on the small display in the gauge cluster. This is really well-thought-out technology

On 7/13/2018 at 6:05 PM, Page Turner said:

...I'm sorry, but as your mechanical design consultant I feel I must point out that you can't run belt fed weaponry effectively without some better plan for handling the belts.

I'd like to suggest that switching to surface to surface missiles might be a better alternative.  You could purchase the heat seeding guidance option as an upgrade, to remain "fully loaded" in your car choice.

Turret mounting on the roof with belt routing through the sunroof wouldn't be near as limiting as straight forward hard mount on the hood.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

18 hours ago, jsharr said:

I keep finding more things to love. The voice recognition software controls much of the touch screen. I can tell navigation to drive to and a dress or to look for a destination and then it will guide me there.

It also will put a smaller navigation map on the small display in the gauge cluster. This is really well-thought-out technology

I'm struggling a bit with learning how to operate my new radio...& air conditioning & shifting & auto doors &.....

The girl that actually sold me the car had great line for selling the extended warranty..."you do realize that you are driving a big ass computer, don't you ? "

I asked about the drivetrain warranty covering electronics that make the car go..."lubricated components only"

I bought 6 years bumper to bumper coverage for 1700.00

5 years really cause it came with 1 year.