7/13 miles & such

bikeman564™

18 hours ago, Old#7 said:

20.25 for me, 1:10. Morning ride through Razorlandia. Mike, Rodel, and Squirelly Pete rode USGS loop in reverse. They were confused but survived. 

Two quad espressos post ride.

Yet I got no call, no text, no IM. And, worst of all, no espresso?????

I did my regular after ride 30 @ 18.9. 

One annoying tidbit from my ride happened during my warm-up.  I generally ride easy for the first 10-15 minutes to let my old man joints "warm" up a bit and to get across the busier intersections. At the 15 min mark, it is generally smooth sailing with only a few road crossings.  Had a dude who thought he was in a race with me :(  Riding a road bike with aero bars, but only using the LITTLE front ring, and SMALLEST rear cogs. Anyway, during my warm-up pace, he would roar past me on a downhill any time I rolled past him on the prior flats/uphills. That got annoying real fast, so after my warm-up ended and the path cleared, I cranked it up a little and never saw him again.  I would have loved to be the "nice" guy and explain some of the better ways to shift and not crosschain and keep a bike relatively quiet, but his attitude while riding really annoyed me.

IMG_6441.thumb.PNG.e28fef2afd76b497b31925de1bdeccbc.PNG

Tom

• Haha 1