Hells Belles cover band -- Angus Young acknowledgment

Dottleshead

even So I just went and saw a free Hells Belles cover band concert.  They are from Seattle though I understand none of the band members live here anymore.  I always heard they were good (if you like the AC/DC thing) but I wasn't sure what to expect.  Honestly, I was pretty impressed.  It saddened me when I realized everyone in the crowd was over 50 and/or pushing 60. But i was energized when they played and they had us old geezers wanting more.  I was happy.  Afterwards, I reviewed their reviews on my phone and stumbled upon this little gem.  It's quite the compliment when the leader of the band Angus Young pays tribute to the band paying tribute to them.  Check out the last quote.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Angus_Young

quote-the-best-ac-dc-cover-i-ve-heard-there-was-an-all-girl-cover-band-in-america-the-hell-angus-young-111-2-0255.jpg

So after the show, the lead guitarist (Angus Young's female version) was a gal from my home town.  She went to one of the other high school's in my district and graduated 9 years later than I did.  This made me feel old.

Anyway, this thread is an unshameless plug.  If you like the AC/DC thing, check these gals out.  You won't be sorry.

signal-2018-07-13-204424.jpg

signal-2018-07-13-214453.jpg

• Heart 1

I should say I liked the AC/DC back in high school and pretty much had a disdain for them since.  Their music doesn't do much for me anymore -- but this band did such a great job, they took me way back.  I was reminded of some the great songs they do have and how many of them there are.  They played almost an hour and a half and just touched a portion of their catalog.  

6 hours ago, Zealot said:

I youtubed a few of their vids. I think I'd prefer to hear a studio recording before making a call. They weren't bad, but...

oh the youtube vids are lame.  I also don't think this is stuff I'd buy for listening on an audio device.  It's the live show that hits the home run.

• Heart 1