Denim / Blue Jeans

Zealot

I used to wear jeans everyday up until about 20 years ago when I started wearing cotton/polyester blend uniform pants. That day I became my Dad. :unsure:

Now when I wear jeans they just seem heavy and uncomfortable. I guess its what you get used to. To me jeans are hot and dont wick moisture well. Nothing worse then needing to unstick your pants before you climb in and out of a tractor or truck for the hundredth time. As for safety, jeans are better then naked skin, but I prefer other options. While using a chain saw, I'll wear safety chaps. On the motorcycle I'll wear riding pants with armor. I still wear jeans (sometimes) but mostly because everyone else is wearing them so I dont look like an outsider.  ;)

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Not all blue jeans are created equal. Some are rough and tough and hot, some are lighter and stylish and comfortable.

True. But honestly, I prefer the old style heavier denim. When I was military we had both summer weight (ripstop nylon) and winter weight (heavy cotton) BDUs. Even in the summer, and I worked outside, I prefered the winter weight. Much more durable. 

Just my preference, though.

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

I used to wear jeans everyday up until about 20 years ago when I started wearing cotton/polyester blend uniform pants. That day I became my Dad. :unsure:

Now when I wear jeans they just seem heavy and uncomfortable. I guess its what you get used to. To me jeans are hot and dont wick moisture well. Nothing worse then needing to unstick your pants before you climb in and out of a tractor or truck for the hundredth time. As for safety, jeans are better then naked skin, but I prefer other options. While using a chain saw, I'll wear safety chaps. On the motorcycle I'll wear riding pants with armor. I still wear jeans (sometimes) but mostly because everyone else is wearing them so I dont look like an outsider.  ;)

As an older person with a far more sedentary job, I wear khakis and dockers far more often than I did when younger.  

• Heart 1