Neighbor had a Good Night heading.

sheep_herder

No picking of the nits from me.  Cutting horses and roping horses are amazing to watch, esp. a horse and rider that work toghether so well.  As a Texan it pians me to admit this but I am not very good on horseback.  I had a bad experience on a horse as a child and was scared of them.  They could tell this.  

15 minutes ago, jsharr said:

No picking of the nits from me.  Cutting horses and roping horses are amazing to watch, esp. a horse and rider that work toghether so well.  As a Texan it pians me to admit this but I am not very good on horseback.  I had a bad experience on a horse as a child and was scared of them.  They could tell this.  

When I was about 12 my older sister bought a horse.  Just a pleasure horse.  What we didn't know at first was it was a very well trained cutting horse..  I wasn't ever much of a rider but that thing was fun to use to chase the neighbors cows with.

We boarded a horse when I was a kid. As part of the boarding, we fed, cleaned, and rode the horse. The first time I got on this horse, it got away from me and I fell off. What I didn't know was that the horse was trained to run whenever you gave him his head.

5 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Nope. I don't remember seeing anything like that during the few rodeos that I went to but that was back in the 70s.

You might find this interesting, even though it is long. I never saw team roping until I moved to Montana and only in recent years.  Ranch rodeos are interesting, in that you get to watch events that actually occur on ranches.  In one event women team rope a cow, milk the cow, and then race on foot to the judge with the bit of milk collected in a glass. 

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

You might find this interesting, even though it is long. I never saw team roping until I moved to Montana and only in recent years.  Ranch rodeos are interesting, in that you get to watch events that actually occur on ranches.  In one event women team rope a cow, milk the cow, and then race on foot to the judge with the bit of milk collected in a glass. 

I'm pretty sure delivering chocolate milk would ensure a win.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Yes, yes you did.  Now stop it.

I agree, he did show restraint.  No pun intended with the title, just being descriptive.  Neighbor owns the horse he is riding, and several others use the same horse at ropings.  Seems like in some regions they concentrate on calf roping and in other regions there is more team roping.

21 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

..so this is how "Crazy Woman Creek" got it's name?  :) 

On 7/16/2018 at 9:02 AM, jsharr said:

As a Texan it pians me to admit this but I am not very good on horseback.  I had a bad experience on a horse as a child and was scared of them.  They could tell this.

Mrs. Silly had a bad experience on a horse the first time she tried to ride too.  This becomes my problem because I've never ridden a horse but would really like to.  Unfortunately, because of Mrs. Silly's bad experience, whenever I suggest we do it, she shoots it down.

• Heart 1