10 U is coming to an end

Parr8hed

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Next year will be for building and learning

A lot of truth here.  My daughter didn't play youth softball but we saw a lot of this with my son.  When he bumped up to the LL Majors 10 to 11 YO the level of play jumped up significantly as did it with each progression.  

Travelball is a whole different dynamic though but as she gets older & stronger she should be able to "play up".  As a 14 U player my son played up in the 16 U travel team and again as a 16 U player he played 18 U.   As a true 18U player he played on Select teams and had some really cool playing opportunities to play the USA Baseball Tournaments with top kids in the region.

Emmy and you guys have all that to look forward to.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

as a 16 U player he played 18 U.   As a true 18U player he played on Select teams and had some really cool playing opportunities to play the USA Baseball Tournaments with top kids in the region.

From what I saw the younger kids drove the 18U program.  As a 18 yo they either already had their college scholarship so did care about playing at 18 or they didn't get their scholarship so they didn't care anymore.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

From what I saw the younger kids drove the 18U program.  As a 18 yo they either already had their college scholarship so did care about playing at 18 or they didn't get their scholarship so they didn't care anymore.

Yeah maybe a little different out west.  I think there are just a lot more kids playing at a high level that they are still competing for roster spots as juniors entering their senior year.  

My son had an opportunity set shortly after his senior season ended but wanted to pursue other options so kept playing 18 U ball and showcases at numerous schools until getting his JUCO offer.

Oh and JUCO ball is no joke in SoCal.  I saw about 50 kids who could absolutely ball out get sent home.  Their rosters are full of D1 bounce back kids and out of state transfers.

• Heart 2