Ideas needed

Airehead

Even in my sleep deprived state I know it is risky to ask you all for ideas but I am going to do it anyway.  The team taking care of ZZ Irvine has been absolutely amazing. (That is the fake name they registered him under becuase of all the news interest a plane crash brings.)

Any way-- I sent the team Insomina cookies yesterday.  THe get delivered warm and yummy.  They thanked me but I was thanking them.

What should I give them today?  I was thinking a fruit basket- is that cheesy? 

• Heart 2

Pizza.

If you have a really good gelato place, a tub of gelato. Chocolates, if you don't have a really good choclatier in town, try Len Libbys. Their dark chocolate covered cashews are really good. Same with the Needhams.

One tip is to try to make sure you time things so both the night and day staff get something.  For daytime staff, muffins/donuts are good.  For evening staff, chocolate covered pretzels can be fun and snacky.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

Chocolate dipped strawberries sound good but they are a pain to make, what with the melting and the cooling.

What coffee shop do they have in the hospital?  If it's by any chance a chain brand you could get them gift certificates.

If none of these things work, possibly kid gloves so they can safely handle Mr. Air when he's cranky.  :o

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Honestly it doesn't matter.  Nurses will eat ANYTHING.  Pizza and donuts are always popular.  Stuff that can be eaten quick, on the go.  The simple fact is that ANYTHING that you do to show that you appreciate them is wonderful.  They will be beyond happy to get anything that says thanks, even if it is a cooler of Coors Light.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Honestly it doesn't matter.  Nurses will eat ANYTHING.  Pizza and donuts are always popular.  Stuff that can be eaten quick, on the go.  The simple fact is that ANYTHING that you do to show that you appreciate them is wonderful.  They will be beyond happy to get anything that says thanks, even if it is a cooler of Coors Light.

Image result for coors light nurse

20 minutes ago, Dottles said:

At least bob through in the tacos, jsharr.  Your post was all about the booze.  Shameless.

Wouldn't want anyone drinking on an empty stomach and then giving shots . . . the kind in syringes, hot glasses.

11 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Thanks. I took @Indy‘s idea and am ordering them hookers and blow on Amazon Prime. 

Wait.  Wut?  I've already used up my Prime Day budget and I missed that one.

I bought a new Trail Camera for womaxx because she enjoyed the last one so much.  Hopefully a step up and although it wasn't listed in Prime Day sales there was an extra 20% prime day discount in the cart at checkout.  This one is a 20 MP camera with more infrared flash and a longer range.

And yes, I also bought myself a replacement monitor for my years old LCD monitor on the computer in the secret lab.......not to late's gamer specs, but one of Amazon's best sellers.

One good thing........after Mr. Air comes home and the hookers and blow are all used up I'll still have my stuff so maybe it's ok that I missed them.

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

bowl-radishes-19025563.jpg

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Krispy Kreme!  

We don't have them, closest one is in Erie, PA.  That is three hours.

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

You are a thoughtful person, Aire!  I could learn a lot from you. :D  I am more like the Seinfeld people. :D

You want us all to think that you are cold-hearted  but some of us know better

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

We don't have them, closest one is in Erie, PA.  That is three hours.

Lucky! It is a common joke I pull the "poor me" on my wife.  After my recovery and released from outpatient day surgery, wife drove past a Krispie Kreme on the way home. I, of course, acted like I really really wanted some (even though I didn't) but she kept on driving. Now, it is something that "if you really loved me, you would have ..." She rationalizes that I had enough glucose from the IV...but...but...but...it was Krispie Kreme!?

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I bet soft pretzels and the cheese were popular.

We shall see tonight.

I did however get a passel of poop from the family member of another patient in the loop.   She walked into the hall with me and asked why I had that many doughnuts.  I offered her one.  She took it.  Then she asked what I was doing with the rest again.  I said that I was giving them to the staff for their break room.  To thank them.  She said, "Why the hell woud you do that.  You pay enough to have your husband in this Hotel of Horrors."  I wasn't even sure what to say but I was glad that she wasn't coming to visit Mr. Aire.