Lets Do Lunch

jsharr

Just now, JerrySTL said:

The title of this post is the punch line to a classic joke:

Man: Do you know the difference between sex and a salad?

Woman: No.

Man: Let's do lunch.

Back when I drank heavily and raced sailboats, I was often made to tell this really long Pancho Villa joke and the punch line was "We Did Lunch!"

58 minutes ago, jsharr said:

In honor of the Tour de France I am having roasted salmon fillet over rice Provençal topped with dill cream sauce. Served with green beans almondine from La Madeine

Roasted Salmon & Dill Sauce

Tuna melt for me. You have a future in "food photography", though!

Tom

2 hours ago, donkpow said:

I'm having a bologna sandwich with la mustard and Yoplait yogurt in honor of the TdF. (Yoplait started in France. Look it up.)

I haven't had one in ages but a fried balogna sammich on white bread with ketchup and mayo is one of my favorite bachelor meals.

i made some Sayur Asem which is a Indonesian vegetable soup. So freaking good.  

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Lunch has not been discussed at the office yet.  Time will tell if I have to go out for lunch today.  If so, I am thinking a salad and a book in the cafe downstairs.  I will eat the salad and read the book Ring of Fire by Brad Taylor

I hear McDonalds has great salads.

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Lunch has not been discussed at the office yet.  Time will tell if I have to go out for lunch today.  

While you are discussing lunch, it is approaching 7pm over here. Just firing up the grill as chicken has been marinating in a rub for the past 30 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

While you are discussing lunch, it is approaching 7pm over here. Just firing up the grill as chicken has been marinating in a rub for the past 30 minutes.

You must be in far Eastern Orlando if it is 7 pm there.  Have fun rubbing your meat.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You must be in far Eastern Orlando if it is 7 pm there.  Have fun rubbing your meat.

Well there is the little town outside Orlando of Geneva, FL. But I am closer to the real one which I flew in to last Friday.

• Heart 1

Just now, Dottles said:

I wasn't sure if you were talking about my burger or 3 viles of blood withdrawn.  Please forgive me.  I should have asked for clarification.

Your stuff.  Your valuables.  Stuff you forgot to mention in your will.  Stiff your family will miss but won't know where it went when you are gone.

This was not a difficult question.  I figured I had to get the question in before you died and before @Indy asked.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This was not a difficult question.  I figured I had to get the question in before you died and before @Indy asked.

I think Indy has downed a few steaks in his life.  As for you kazabooboo, I don't want to speculate but will.  You seem like the cleanup type.  This could make you a scrapper (scrapr??) or a dessert guy.