Eggs For Breakfast?

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

NSFW means nothing when one is retired. However, availability of headset to mute sound can always bean issue.

So folks are watching videos - at work - with full volume?  That seems pretty ballsy, and they would hardly be put off by the dialogue in the OP video. 

Tom

It is not the NSFW issue, it is all these advertisers that have to auto play totally unrelated video advertising their crap. Currently have speakers off on iPad, but at home the on th PC the external speakers power down to sleep mode and have to turn them on ( push a button) if want sound. If I have headsets plugged in and lying on desk, hear muffled sound that some video is acting. What really hate when multitasking is trying to find the active browser window emitting the sound, and even worse is when a hidden pop up double playing over a video you are trying to listen to.

Just now, Tizeye said:

It is not the NSFW issue, it is all these advertisers that have to auto play totally unrelated video advertising their crap. Currently have speakers off on iPad, but at home the on th PC the external speakers power down to sleep mode and have to turn them on ( push a button) if want sound. If I have headsets plugged in and lying on desk, hear muffled sound that some video is acting. What really hate when multitasking is trying to find the active browser window emitting the sound, and even worse is when a hidden pop up double playing over a video you are trying to listen to.

At least the browser folks wised up and you can spot which tab is playing audio.  That was a HUGE PITA if you had a lot of tabs open - tracking down the dopey ad running on some random news site. I really hate it when a news story just starts playing despite there being a written article too.  How about you let ME read the article or CHOOSE to play the video????  Pretty annoying.

Tom 

Reminds me of the joke about the guy that went on an all suppository diet to lose weight.

Comes in for his 30 day check up and he is down 20 lbs, vitals are great, but he is squirming all around in his chair as he and the Dr. discuss the diet.

Dr. asks the guy how everything is going.  Guys says it is all great, couldn't be better.  Doc asks if he has noticed any mood changes, behavior changes,  and the guy says, Nope, none at all.  Feels great.

Finally the doc asks him if every thing is so great why is he squirming around, why can't he just sit still and the guy replies, Oh sorry Doc, I am just chewing gum, does it bother you?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1