If only it were this easy...

Airehead

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

Agnano? Napoli? I've been there a few times; the base, not the hospital.  

....yes. This was the old naval Hospital at the top of the hill, within walking distance of the old AFI Nato base in Agnano..

It's all closed now, and last I heard the hospital building itself was empty and abandoned. The AFI base buildings all seem to have been repurposed as Italian businesses like car dealerships. :)

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

....yes. This was the old naval Hospital at the top of the hill, within walking distance of the old AFI Nato base in Agnano..

Darn, if it were Naples, NY, you could stop at Monica's or Cynthia's for some grape pie. :nodhead:

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, Kirby said:

Darn, if it were Naples, NY, you could stop at Monica's or Cynthia's for some grape pie. :nodhead:

...no offense intended, but I had some great food in Italy.  They make wine with their grapes, which goes well with the swell food. :)

I once had a waiter bring out the fish we had ordered for our inspection, prior to cooking it (so we could see it was fresh).  When it came back cooked, he boned it at the table for us. The restaurant itself was on a small island in the bay, just barely off the shore, which was accessed by driving through a tunnel.bridge combination.  I think the place might have been an old castle or fort or something.  When your wild sister, you, @AirwickWithCheese, and I do a tour of Italy, we can all go there, and you guys can order spaghetti so you can reenact the dinner scene from Lady and the Tramp.

Video of what it looks like in 2012