Coffee Review

late

I can't drink coffee nowadays. A couple computers ago, I used to use Coffee Review; I had completely forgotten about it. Don't ask me why, but I just thought of it.

It's been so long, I can't say much. But if you wanted to try out some good coffees, this is something to consider. A local roaster, Speckled Axe, made the list. That business used to have a different name, but the blends are the same. He uses an old wood fired Italian roaster. When he started, he sold a sample of 4 of his coffees. I wasn't all that taken with most of them, it can take a while to nail everything down. But the Chickadee decaf was the only decaf I've had that I liked. He's got a coffee shop now, I think I'll go split a cup there with the wife.

There's a Whole Foods house brand, Allegro Three Queens, that was highly rated. I'll prob get a bag for the wife, if our local store has it. One thing to be aware of with deals, is that coffee business types get hit by bait and switch tactics at times. So you can try something new, that is a steal, and the next bag can be a crashing mediocrity. While this isn't true for Whole Foods, a small business may have no choice but to sell it.

Anyway, looks like fun.

https://www.coffeereview.com/highest-rated-coffees/

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Thanks for sharing the site. One thing, is that monopoly money? $700/lb seems a little stiff to me.

A little stiff???

That's nuts. Most of the coffee isn't that expensive. I like a lighter roast, and they require a careful touch when brewing. A lot of those flavors, in the tasting notes, can be easily overwhelmed if you brew too strong or long. I usually got Costa Rican for light, or an Ethiopian for a regular brew. I am quite fond of Yirgacheffe.

A lot of these coffees come from small farms, and sell out fast, the coffee I was curious about wasn't there when I looked at the website.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

My sincere condolences on the loss of your wife :( 

Allow me to retort.

I don't need you to tell me how ****ing good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it, I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping, she buys shit. Me, I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it, I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It ain't the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead Cuisinart on the counter.

• Heart 1