BLT love

Randomguy

I have never been a fan for sliced tomatoes.  It has to do with the glop covered seeds that make me want to vomit you see.  Make them into sauce, chili, salsa, pico de gallo, ketchup and things of that ilk and I love tomatoes.  I can even eat them if they do not have a lot of the vomity glop seeds, but overall, I do not like sliced tomatos so in turn I do not like BLT's.  I will opt for a nice turkey club instead, especially if served on a croissant.

• Confused 1

Thanks, I've been wondering what to do with the head of lettuce I bought last week but haven't used! I'm going grocery shopping now. I need to get bruised (uneven skin color) tomatoes (which have an extremely low GI Index of 15) from my favorite stand, bacon, and thin 40 Cal-slice pita-type bread!

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Have any of you tomato fetish perverts ever made oral love to a seedless tomato?

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/growing-seedless-tomatoes.htm

I would be willing to try a seedless tomato BLT.  Please bring me one post haste.

What is your problem with seeded tomatoes?  They are AWESOME!

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Tomatoes are the most important part, btw. 

This X 1000.  I rarely have a BLT until the home grown tomatoes are ready then it is a BLT eating orgy daily until the supply runs out.  Best with thick cut bacon properly cooked and not that thin crispy crap

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

This X 1000.  I rarely have a BLT until the home grown tomatoes are ready then it is a BLT eating orgy daily until the supply runs out.  Best with thick cut bacon properly cooked and not that thin crispy crap

This is the one I have gone to the last three days running.  They were giving samples out (about 1/8th of a sandwich) when I walked by on Monday, I immediately went inside to continue to be blown away with how good this whole sandwich was, no weak links.

'wichcraft: The headline here is that the 'wichcraft BLT is available during tomato season ONLY, about five weeks every year, usually all of August and a bit into September. Which means you need to go now to any of the sandwich chain's nine locations to get this beautiful monster before it's too late. And unlike some no-love efforts out there trying to cash in on something called #BLTMonth, 'wichcraft's co-founder Tom Colicchio has been offering this seasonal sandwich since at least 2008, way before hashtags. In addition to the impeccably-sourced and -balanced main ingredients, the aioli gives this BLT some extra zing, and the bread is an excellent soft sourdough.

bestbltwichcraft-2.jpg