Hey Aire, any updates?

Randomguy

Here is a media report from late last night.  Aire I hope they got the facts right.

We are praying for you guys:  Hugs

https://www.wkbw.com/news/pilot-still-hospitalized-from-plane-crash-2-teens-hurt

GENESEO, N.Y. (AP) - A pilot remains hospitalized with serious injuries suffered when his small airplane crashed at an upstate New York airport, leaving two teenage passengers with minor injuries.

The Livingston County Sheriff's Office has released the unofficial cause of a small plane crash at the Geneseo (jeh-NEH'-see-oh) Airport on Friday. Officials say 65-year-old Timothy Sheffer flew his single-engine Cessna 172 off a runway at the airport, but had problems ascending.

Authorities say this caused the plane to crash and flip over. Sheffer broke his back in the crash and is still in Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester. His two passengers, Civil Air Patrol cadets ages 14 and 15, were treated for minor injuries and released.

The official cause of the crash is still under investigation.

7 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

The official cause of the crash is still under investigation.

I don't know why it takes so long for them to investigate a plane crash, always seemed pretty obvious to me that the crash was caused by the plane hitting the ground.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I don't know why it takes so long for them to investigate a plane crash, always seemed pretty obvious to me that the crash was caused by the plane hitting the ground.

They have to make sure the ground didn't come up and hit the plane.

• Heart 1

Mostly factual.  There are reasons the pilot (Mr. Aire) could not take off safely.  There are reasons he hit the left wing first-- mostly because the cadets were on the right.  They weren't at 5 or 10K with lots of time to plan  beautiful emergency procedures.  They were on take off.  @Wilbur the flight was shorter than the FAA deposition I just sat  through with him.   I never really want the FAA people in my bedroom again.  Mr. Aire is cranky with me but nice to the ever rotating team of nurses that are herre now that he is home.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

45 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Mostly factual.  There are reasons the pilot (Mr. Aire) could not take off safely.  There are reasons he hit the left wing first-- mostly because the cadets were on the right.  They weren't at 5 or 10K with lots of time to plan  beautiful emergency procedures.  They were on take off.  @Wilbur the flight was shorter than the FAA deposition I just sat  through with him.   I never really want the FAA people in my bedroom again.  Mr. Aire is cranky with me but nice to the ever rotating team of nurses that are herre now that he is home.

One has very limited options at takeoff and I am sure Mr Aire did everything right.   I am very sorry to hear of this but very happy everyone is OK.  Sorry for the stress it has and is causing you Aire. Next time he lips off, get a baseball bat and give him a certain Stephen King book to read. :) 

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1