Would you?

Mr. Silly

12 minutes ago, Further said:

How did the bike get there ? Did he haul it up the cliff on a rope ? Ride down from the top ? What will he do at the trees just ahead of him ? 

So many questions.

this answers some of them.  Google 'riding the white line"

15 hours ago, Further said:

How did the bike get there ? Did he haul it up the cliff on a rope ? Ride down from the top ? What will he do at the trees just ahead of him ? 

So many questions.

You drop it down into the granny gear and spin your way up.  You may have to shift your weight over the rear tire.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

Nope.  I do want to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, but it's a leisurely 4-day walk with cabins for the nights - and no bicycling!

I saw a documentary on that.  This is the mountain you want to climb if you're trying to avoid heights and other fatalities.  Of course as a white American tourist with enough money to fly to Africa and rent guides and lodging for a week -- I'd be a good target to pluck.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:18 PM, Dottles said:

I saw a documentary on that.  This is the mountain you want to climb if you're trying to avoid heights and other fatalities.  Of course as a white American tourist with enough money to fly to Africa and rent guides and lodging for a week -- I'd be a good target to pluck.

They also are set up to have porters carry you down from Mt. Kilimanjaro if you get serious altitude sickness.  I also would like to hike the Inca Trail for 5 days from Cuzco to Machu Piccu (train ride back down) where the altitude is a max. 14,500 ft. vs 20,000 ft at Kili.  I've been at 12,600 ft max, but only for several hours around that height and walking uphill was a chore.  There's no quick-down system in Peru if you're sick.  So if my body continues to heal and get in better shape, I want to do Kili first and then, if I'm fine doing that, the Inca Trail.  As I'll be 68 in October, the window is closing on doing them: you don't need a physical to do Kili if you're under 70 and I don't know if I'd be able to do either one 10 years from now.

• Heart 1