The tempting fate stupid shit we did as teenagers, for no reason at all

Further

I remember being near the top of Mt. Rainier hiking up to a bowl shape glacier and showing off with my friends.  Basically it had a lip on this bowl and then dropped immediately like 50 feet and sloped straight down as far as the eye could see.  Basically broken bones in the picture and you wouldn't have been able to stop oneself.  So if you were in tennis shoes, you could skate the lip by sliding down the steep slope and hopefully stopping by digging your shoes in before you plunged into the white below.  Well I managed to do that like 3 times and all the guys with me thought I was nuts but I captured the respect I was seeking.  Well, I went back to that same spot years later after I was all grown up -- and sure enough -- I was nuts.  Fucking unhinged.  OMG.  Such small brains we had -- just to be 'cool'.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Young folks in one of the towns in western South Dakota use to drag junk cars up on a small dam, one or two would get in, and the others would tip the car and roll it side ways into the reservoir.

Thats training,in case it happens for real.

Oh wait, this is real....

Did they always make it out ?

58 minutes ago, Further said:

Thats training,in case it happens for real.

Oh wait, this is real....

Did they always make it out ?

Yes, as far as I know.  However, they lost a bunch of them one night when they were having a kegger. The way it was told to me was that one group went to get more beer, and another group got impatient, and they met at the top of a hill.

Paddling out in surf I had no business trying to surf and nearly drowning, seeing how fast I could ride my bike down a hill with both hands behind my back in a skiers tuck, getting into brawls I should've just walked away from, doing things with guns and explosives we should never have done, racing vehicles we had no business racing in areas we should never have been (and almost crashing into inbound helo's, allegedly...)

It's a wonder I lived to 20 but the one thing I pride myself on is never getting caught.

The old Fury station wagon had steps on the back bumper - great for standing on while holding the roof rack.  When you slipped off the little step you could pull yourself back up as long as you could pull your feet up away from the road fast enough.

But most of my incidents were't from trying to be cool, they were from not trying to not be stupid.