I believe today is Friday

AirwickWithCheese

Going to the Pulmonologist for a follow up visit. Lungs feel recovered to my pre-January status. We'll see what they say.

Going for a walk with BuffCarla on the river tonight (hopefully - she cancels out most of the time), then grilling steak and corn.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, BuffJim said:

Two weeks sans Moon Pies will do that to a fellow.

Not me.  I'm tougher than that.  I haven't had a MoonPie in almost 3 years (and I could only choke down half of it).  You don't see me with an attitude.

• Whatever 1

I did my last Diabetes class (I can do 2 more hours of consultation or a "compare your numbers" class in the 12 months ending next June then 2 hours/year that Medicare pays for) this fine Friday morning, then finished the grocery shopping where I had forgotten to get things when I went there Wednesday: EVOO at Costco, $1.45/dozen jumbo brown eggs at Walmart, etc.

I could mow the lawn before the Friday Eve-Sat-Sun-Mon rains come, but it can wait until the rain is over when the weeding I also need to do will be easier.

I'm going to read, eat, watch TV, surf the Net, and play games until Tuesday!

• Heart 1

...we had a near tragedy here at Rancho de Turner. It was a genuine nail biter.:popcorn:

One of the small, recently fledged hummingbirds ran smack into the sliding glass door and knocked his little ass out cold.  I looked down, and there he (or she) was, lying on his (or her) back, looking pretty dead.:( But I know from previous experience (for some reason, these guys sometimes fly into the door and the window near the feeder when something spooks them), that unless they break their little necks, they are pretty resilient.

So I went over and picked him (or her) up, and was holding him (or her) in my hand for a while, stroking it's little feathers and making some encouraging noises.  This went on for about five or ten minutes (which seemed like a long time). We even walked over to the feeder when there was some movement and indications of a return to consciousness. Still he (or she) continued to sit in my hand, moving his little head from side to side, like you do when  you take a header and are testing everything out to see if anything's busted.  Finally, after I called my wife outside to show her what was going on, that little guy just took off out of my hand like  I was Jesus and he was Lazarus, hovered just out of reach for a few seconds, like he was saying goodbye, and disappeared.

The whole thing could have been an ugly start to Friday morning, but the happy ending made me feel good all day.:)

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...we had a near tragedy here at Rancho de Turner. It was a genuine nail biter.:popcorn:

One of the small, recently fledged hummingbirds ran smack into the sliding glass door and knocked his little ass out cold.  I looked down, and there he (or she) was, lying on his (or her) back, looking pretty dead.:( But I know from previous experience (for some reason, these guys sometimes fly into the door and the window near the feeder when something spooks them), that unless they break their little necks, they are pretty resilient.

So I went over and picked him (or her) up, and was holding him (or her) in my hand for a while, stroking it's little feathers and making some encouraging noises.  This went on for about five or ten minutes (which seemed like a long time). We even walked over to the feeder when there was some movement and indications of a return to consciousness. Still he (or she) continued to sit in my hand, moving his little head from side to side, like you do when  you take a header and are testing everything out to see if anything's busted.  Finally, after I called my wife outside to show her what was going on, that little guy just took off out of my hand, hovered just out of reach for a few seconds, like he was saying goodbye, and disappeared.

The whole thing could have been an ugly start to Friday morning, but the happy ending made me feel good all day.:)

Yay!    :nodhead:

I took the liberty of properly recounting your story. 

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

But you took oot the funniest and most entertaining part!

If my editor had run it by me, I could have come up with some entertaining alternative phrasing.

"...like a crippled kid at a Bennie Hinn tent revival.."

tumblr_n822usvmKn1qfxkqoo2_r1_400.gif

"...like I was Oral Roberts and he was a guy in a wheelchair..."

"...like Superman after yet another encounter with Kryptonite..."

BasicCoordinatedKatydid.gif

"...like South Park Kenny, reborn after yet another episode where those bastards killed him..."

d319213e72705b30c2e520f590931723709b6514

• 3 years later...