What I learned this week

Prophet Zacharia

Without a functioning coffee machine:

1) Going without coffee before work is not impossible, but highly undesirable. I actually knew this, but it was confirmed.

2) The closest coffee shop between my home and work is a Starbucks. I knew this, too, but was pleasantly surprised at how unbusy it was.

3) There is an app allowing you to pre-order your coffee drink and pay for it prior to arriving at the store. Everyone (but me) seems to use it. One woman had forgotten her phone, but was able to borrow her friend’s phone to place her order in advance.

4) Because of this app, the line to order and pay for your coffee was never more than one person, and often there was no line. So that was good.

5) The app allows people a sense of entitlement that then allows them to leave their car in the middle of parking lots or driveways, unbothered by the traditional need to find a parking space. Which is annoying, even after getting my coffee fix.

6) Eagerly awaiting delivery of new coffee machine today so I can return to the world free of Starbucks.

65FBCD6B-71C8-48A9-9DB2-F7F2F73B85FF.jpeg

• Heart 1

People that are so entitled to think that they don't have to park in a spot just annoy the living shit out of me.  the same with people that can't fit in spots and hang over the lines.  If I can fit my full size truck in there then your little gas saving POS can fit as well.  

• Heart 1

We have free coffee at work. Two kinds - Dark Roast, Regular and Decaf.

Usually no waiting.   Sometimes have to make a pot or wait for one brewing.

Did I mention its free.

We just make coffee at home on the weekends. Usually there's enough leftover on Sunday I don't need to make more.

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

We have free coffee at work. Two kinds - Dark Roast, Regular and Decaf.

Usually no waiting.   Sometimes have to make a pot or wait for one brewing.

Did I mention its free.

We just make coffee at home on the weekends. Usually there's enough leftover on Sunday I don't need to make more.

two does not mean what I think it means, does it? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

If your employer does not understand the gravity of your predicament, I am not sure I want you working for them.

If the candy butt can't do a little work without coffee he has no business having the job.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

I am sure I don't want to be working at all, but the mortgage must be paid.

agreed, but surely that can tell that your work sucks more when you are not caffienated, no?  This is a situation where all would benefit from your short absence to buy a coffee maker.

Sometimes an app can make you take much more time.

I used an app to preorder at a Taco Bell.  I drove to the drive-thru to pick it up as something went wrong with their cooking machinery.

If I hadn't pre-ordered and prepaid for the food, I would have driven away.  As it was, I ended up waiting for 1/2 hour for it.