Sunday 7-22-2018 Mileage and Ramblings

Razors Edge

I got out early to avoid the rain. Of course, it is now blue skies with clouds, so the rain just came for a brief period.  Weather forecasters basically suck.

49 miles @ 17.9.  Not too many folks out, but I did run across a few folks doing some climbs out in the boonies. 

IMG_6458.thumb.PNG.f00e03448d7afe37b0247886df2739b0.PNG

Tom

• Heart 1

Just now, Square Wheels said:

An hour in the basement on rollers.  It was raining, but that's now why they count.  INDOOR MILES COUNT! 

If that training gets you through the Mt Washington Century safe and in one piece, we can add "accepting roller (not trainer) miles in mileage threads" as an agenda item to the Tuesday meeting.  I think your argument will be powerful if you crush the century, but we need to see how it turns out first.

Tom

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

If that training gets you through the Mt Washington Century safe and in one piece, we can add "accepting roller (not trainer) miles in mileage threads" as an agenda item to the Tuesday meeting.  I think your argument will be powerful if you crush the century, but we need to see how it turns out first.

Tom

First, you'll likely be banned by Tuesday.  Second, it's still the Mt Washington area, you never know what you'll get for weather.

My plan for the ride is to take a 100oz Camelbak, plus two bottles.  It's very well supported, but I find I linger too long at the stops, get stuck in line to pee, then get more snacks.  I'll fill the Camelbak, but leave the bottles empty.  I'll stop once and fill them.  Then around mile 85 my wife will meet me, that stop is right down the street from our Inn.  She's only doing the 40, so she'll have time to go back, shower, then come meet me.  She'll take the Camelbak from me, I'll fill up again, then head onward.

I had hoped for 6 riding hours, but I also planned on being lighter than I am.  I always ride alone, so 6 hours is out of the question at this weight.  It's 109 miles with five decent sized hills.  The end is an absolute killer.

It's a week from yesterday.  I'll do it under 7, hoping for 6.5.

• Heart 4

About 500 miles...with a 40 minute delay that I could have biked thru like nothing....So sorry I didn't bring my bike...however when we would have found the time to bike :dontknow:  I did not drive in rain on Thursday..and our weather was 70's with scattered clouds and an occasional spurt of rain..I think the only actual "rain"..like cancel the play...came after 7 PM Saturday night...lol we were watching the dvd from their wedding reception...I was 24 years younger on that video :whistle:  But yeah...their home is almost on the trail thru Bloomington/Normal.......next time!!