Blood drive slogan

Parsnip Totin Jack

I'm in charge of the company blood drive in August and we are designing signs to encourage people to donate. A coworker said he's not donating. The perfect slogan for the blood drive slipped past the filter in my brain: "Don't be a dick, take the prick". I think it's a good slogan.

discus

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Old#7 said:

I'm in charge of the company blood drive in August and we are designing signs to encourage people to donate. A coworker said he's not donating. The perfect slogan for the blood drive slipped past the filter in my brain: "Don't be a dick, take the prick". I think it's a good slogan.

discus

I like it but probably a bit harsh for the corporate environment.  

Giving blood for some is like public speaking.  It gives me the heebie jeebies and I get it drawn 2X a year.  I'd just as well take a punch in the nose than a needle in the arm...

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Get the company to get with a local chicken place and offer free chicken tenders, biscuits, etc to anyone that donates.

Your slogan can be "NO BLOOD, NO FOWL"

Perfect. Do we owe you anything for the idea? I can send you some chicken tenders, it's all I'm authorized to give. 

11 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

You can.  Blood is free.

Check your next bill at the doctor/hospital/ER and let me know what you paid for an infusion.  "Storage, handling, processing, and testing" must be the only cost, not the actual raw material :(

Old#7 might actually know if the Red Cross or Inova or wherever he donates blood gives it to all folks free of charge.  That would be nice to know.

Tom

32 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Check your next bill at the doctor/hospital/ER and let me know what you paid for an infusion.  "Storage, handling, processing, and testing" must be the only cost, not the actual raw material :(

Old#7 might actually know if the Red Cross or Inova or wherever he donates blood gives it to all folks free of charge.  That would be nice to know.

Tom

Thom is correct, hospitals and emergency services do charge recipients for blood products; these are not free items. Technically, the recipients are not paying for the donated blood, they are paying for the overhead associated with the collection, testing, storage and equipment required to safely deliver an uncontaminated product that will save a life, possibly yours. Next time you need a blood transfusion feel free to negotiate a lower price. Good luck with that. 

15 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Thom is correct, hospitals and emergency services do charge recipients for blood products; these are not free items. Technically, the recipients are not paying for the donated blood, they are paying for the overhead associated with the collection, testing, storage and equipment required to safely deliver an uncontaminated product that will save a life, possibly yours. Next time you need a blood transfusion feel free to negotiate a lower price. Good luck with that.

I'm not arguing the that blood is necessary and costs money. I am arguing that it isn't tax deductible!  Without the FREE blood - the actual and most important piece of the process - there would be no need for collection, testing, storage, equipment, etc.  Blood donations should be a fixed deduction rate - say $100 per (or more).  It would incentivize folks actually donating blood.

Tom

I have two - "Donate a pint, get a pint" where you get them a free beer of their choice.

The second would sell itself if it was a tax credit or deduction. It is "Want $100? Donate blood today!" Would need to be a tax credit, but even as a deduction, it could be used.

Tom