Pregnancy Test & Vodka

ChrisL

So I had to get some mushrooms for dinner and I'm standing in the express line at the LGS.  A woman who looked in her early 30's is behind me and I happen to notice her items, pregnancy test & vodka.

So I'm trying to make a connection, Celebration if negative, drown in alcohol if positive? I don't see why someone would celebrate with alcohol if positive.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, late said:

She's not planning on having a kid quite yet.

But then who is perfectly "ready"?  I mean this question seriously, especially for the lst child...how much life changes...forever.

Or at least that's what I think...since I don't have children.  Dearie and I have had this speculative talk which I initiate ..by musing aloud.. but not really seriously.  

Anyway, no regrets.  And no need for alcohol to celebrate.  

28 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

But then who is perfectly "ready"?  I mean this question seriously, especially for the lst child...how much life changes...forever.

Or at least that's what I think...since I don't have children.  Dearie and I have had this speculative talk which I initiate ..by musing aloud.. but not really seriously.  

Anyway, no regrets.  And no need for alcohol to celebrate.  

We weren't ready for our 1st and don't hide from the fact she was a surprise.  But we were ready for #2 and made a decision to have another.  

Some people are ready for their first whenever it may come in their life. My niece had her first child at 19 and some may say she was too young but she was ready and it was a planned pregnancy.

38 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Some people are ready for their first whenever it may come in their life. My niece had her first child at 19 and some may say she was too young but she was ready and it was a planned pregnancy.

Unusual hear of planned pregnancy at 19.  She must have married abit earlier.  I assume she married..in order to plan this pregnancy.  Yea, old fogie me, with my assumptions.  For a woman to plan a pregnancy and go solo to raise the child from the beginning is more an older woman.

Ah life is full of what-ifs....  but life happens going forward, with both good and negative surprises.  I think of what if I was born and raised in mainland China, instead of Canada.  Just being born in a different country can change your luck/fortunes.

7 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

The test is for after a hard night of partying. The kind of party where your kid can turn out to be a mix of anything that was at the party.. including a dog.

I took my dad to the mall once to get him new shoes (he is 66). We decided to grab a bite at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him… the teenager had spiked hair in all different colors — blue, red, green and orange.

My dad kept staring at her. The teenager would keep looking and my dad would be staring every time. When the teenager had had enough, she sarcastically asked, “Whats the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?”

Knowing my dad, I quickly swallowed my food so I wouldn’t choke on his response — I knew he would have a good one.

In classic style he responded without batting an eyelid: “Got stoned once and fucked a parrot. Just wondering if you were my daughter.”

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I took my dad to the mall once to get him new shoes (he is 66). We decided to grab a bite at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him… the teenager had spiked hair in all different colors — blue, red, green and orange.

My dad kept staring at her. The teenager would keep looking and my dad would be staring every time. When the teenager had had enough, she sarcastically asked, “Whats the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?”

Knowing my dad, I quickly swallowed my food so I wouldn’t choke on his response — I knew he would have a good one.

In classic style he responded without batting an eyelid: “Got stoned once and fucked a parrot. Just wondering if you were my daughter.”

BTW  this is a joke I stole from the internet, but my dad may or may not have told me that joke.

When I was a toddler, I fell and hit my cheek on a wooden block.  That side of my face bruised and swelled up.  Mom said it was that nasty yellow / purple / green bruise.

Dad had to go to the grocery store and had me with him.  Apparently he got tired of everyone looking at me, whispering, etc and as he was checking out two ladies behind him in line must have pushed him over the edge as they were talking about me.

He turned around and told them he hit me in the face with a bat.  In the 60s it shut them up.  Today it would get him locked up.