Would you wear a woman's helmet if you were a man?

dinneR

8 minutes ago, dennis said:

It would be black and pink.

Do they actually call it out as a "woman's helmet"?  I can't think of a reasonable difference other than color, and from women I know, they are driven nuts by everything being "pink" for women.  I think a pink/black helmet could look fine on a dude.  It can be done well or poorly, so it will depend on the specific brand and their color skills. Got a link?

Tom

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Do they actually call it out as a "woman's helmet"?  I can't think of a reasonable difference other than color, and from women I know, they are driven nuts by everything being "pink" for women.  I think a pink/black helmet could look fine on a dude.  It can be done well or poorly, so it will depend on the specific brand and their color skills. Got a link?

Tom

It's called a women's helmet

13999_A_1_Rally_Womens_MIPS_CPSC_CE_Helmet?wid=1360&hei=1020&fmt=pjpeg&qlt=40,1&iccEmbed=0&cache=on,on

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

sure, that way when I get lost I can stop and ask for directions.

Decades ago, there was a documentary on PBS called "Brain Sex," about different thinking and habits of men and women.  One topic was, "Asking for Directions."

The documentary claimed that when boys make friends, they tend to do so by joining a group of boys and soon learn their places in the hierarchy of their group and giving away secrets about their weaknesses jeapardizes their standing in the group - so they learn not to disclose weaknesses and that extends to asking for directions, disclosing you don't know how to get somewhere.

Girls, the documentary claimed, formed friendships by sharing secrets one-on-one with girls and keeping their secrets cements the bonds - so giving away weaknesses by asking for directions is not a knee-jerk no-no.

I don't know if any of that's true, but it's an interesting note to drop when the conversation at a party gets boring because it generates a lot of arguing!

18 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'd wear it if it fit and I liked it.  If there is such a thing as women's helmets, I suspect they'd be smaller.  I have a big melon, so I doubt they'd fit me.

Sizing is identical. I've been wearing one for a while now and I need a new one.

Wore my daughter’s helmet with my commuter until I got a new one a couple weeks ago. 

I have narrow feet for a guy. I’m very tempted to try a women’s cycling shoe to see if they fit any better. My latest pair of running shoes is unisex and they fit better than most lately. 

9 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

Are you old enough to remember when black and pink shirts were popular for men.:whistle:

56 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Bowling leagues have died off in my lifetime, but I still try to bowl every so often.  Nowadays, it is folks in street clothes :(

Tom

...we drove past a local bowling alley here the other day and were both amazed one was still in business.