I made a woman cry on my date Friday

Randomguy

Um....never know about you RG.  This is sort of a novel.  Can't even believe that this even how most average women in their mid-years and onward even date.  Ok, it's fiction.

I'm the wrong woman to read all this...am a one-guy woman...  It's just the way how strange some women are. :)  

9 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Um....never know about you RG.  This is sort of a novel.  Can't even believe that this even how most average women in their mid-years and onward even date.  Ok, it's fiction.

I'm the wrong woman to read all this...am a one-guy woman...  It's just the way how strange some women are. :)  

I can assure that this all happened.  Actually, more happened that I haven’t talked about Thursday and Friday during the day.  I skipped a lot of detail.  

3 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I am perplexed.  What does one wear for one of these "dates" in a big city?  

You wear what you wore at work.  I am poor as fuck right now, so happy hour drinks are my dates.  This is all very acceptable in the city, btw. 

Anyway, my office is casual, so jeans, collared semi-fashionable non offfice-drone shirt. Blue suede tretorns are a nice first date choice in hot weather. 

All of this just reminds me that if anything happens between me and WoIndy, I'll definitely be single for the rest of my life.  No way I want to deal with the entire dating thing again, I sucked at it the first time and sure as hell haven't gotten more romantic and compassionate the older I've gotten.

• Heart 1

I enjoyed reading the date writeup, a little vicariously if that's the proper application of the word (since this is a life I've never lived).  I hope you have more dates and fewer tears.

Almost nothing makes me feel smaller than having done or said something that ends up with her crying.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I enjoyed reading the date writeup, a little vicariously if that's the proper application of the word (since this is a life I've never lived).  I hope you have more dates and fewer tears.

Almost nothing makes me feel smaller than having done or said something that ends up with her crying.

Then avoid women with depression issues.

10 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Not clear that RG dates average women.  His track record seems dismal.

Download the movie Swingers for the crying woman.  It's an old movie now, but still funny when it comes to the issue of not being over an ex. 

The most important thing in all of this is the court date.  I hope everything goes well for you in that regard.  The "woman" that matters the most in that story is lovely RO and I'm glad you spent some time with her.

• Heart 3

48 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Download the movie Swingers for the crying woman.  It's an old movie now, but still funny when it comes to the issue of not being over an ex. 

I took my now-wife to see that on our first date.  Still a favorite.

".......this is Mike." :lol:

.....but I wasn't thinking clearly because at the time I was coming out of a six-year relationship just like Mike.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I can assure that this all happened.  Actually, more happened that I haven’t talked about Thursday and Friday during the day.  I skipped a lot of detail.  

I live on a different planet re how he and I dated --that's for sure.

Am so glad not in the dating game. Too minefields to navigate.  Gets more complicated the older one gets vs. a person in their ie. 20's.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:27 AM, Indy said:

All of this just reminds me that if anything happens between me and WoIndy, I'll definitely be single for the rest of my life.  No way I want to deal with the entire dating thing again, I sucked at it the first time and sure as hell haven't gotten more romantic and compassionate the older I've gotten.

Amen.  

On 8/1/2018 at 9:27 AM, Randomguy said:

You wear what you wore at work.  I am poor as fuck right now, so happy hour drinks are my dates.  This is all very acceptable in the city, btw. 

Anyway, my office is casual, so jeans, collared semi-fashionable non offfice-drone shirt. Blue suede tretorns are a nice first date choice in hot weather. 

So if I ever went on one of these "dates" I could just show up in scrubs?  

But I am firmly in the @Indy camp.  If something ever happened to the wife I don't see myself going through the whole dating scene.  The last time I did it there were barely cell phones.  They didn't have cameras, video, facebook, etc.  Not sure I'd be into it.

• Heart 1

On 8/1/2018 at 9:44 AM, Couch_Incident said:

You really need to start banging doods. 

Couch 

No!  I won't even bang women that look like doods or have hair when they shouldn't.

So I lived in Charlotte a long time ago, and I met a woman in a laundromat when I was folding up and such.  We got along, I should have prolonged the flirting and then asked her out, but didn't.  A few weeks later, I am in a second-hand bookstore and there she is.  I ask her out.  We go out.  Nice first date, fun, got along well, second date scheduled.

Second date is fun, we end up back at her apartment (banging doesn't seem imminent this time, you get a sense of  these things).  Anyway, I had previously lived in Boulder, and she was casually asking what the chicks are like there.  I say they are crunchy, and I prefer my chicks with shaved legs so's they don't seem manly.  Silence, chill in the air.  Damn, she doesn't shave her legs, and she was bummed and a little pissed at society.  Now I felt bad, and I don't like this, so I tried to backpedal a bit, said I was exaggerating for effect, but toothpaste doesn't go back in, we know this.  

I hope she shaved eventually, hairy legs are gross.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

No!  I won't even bang women that look like doods or have hair when they shouldn't.

So I lived in Charlotte a long time ago, and I met a woman in a laundromat when I was folding up and such.  We got along, I should have prolonged the flirting and then asked her out, but didn't.  A few weeks later, I am in a second-hand bookstore and there she is.  I ask her out.  We go out.  Nice first date, fun, got along well, second date scheduled.

Second date is fun, we end up back at her apartment (banging doesn't seem imminent this time, you get a sense of  these things).  Anyway, I had previously lived in Boulder, and she was casually asking what the chicks are like there.  I say they are crunchy, and I prefer my chicks with shaved legs so's they don't seem manly.  Silence, chill in the air.  Damn, she doesn't shave her legs, and she was bummed and a little pissed at society.  Now I felt bad, and I don't like this, so I tried to backpedal a bit, said I was exaggerating for effect, but toothpaste doesn't go back in, we know this.  

I hope she shaved eventually, hairy legs are gross.

So, she was a dood. 

Couch 

On 8/1/2018 at 9:27 AM, Indy said:

When you get older, you just don't care as much about the whole dating thing.  Conceptually, I want to date, but I really can't afford to date right now, so that kind of sucks.  For this series of three dates, I kind of forced myself to get involved in the dating world.  It is harder to get excited about chicks these days.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Definitely a chick, red hair, sweater cushions, cute scholarly glasses.  A sexy librarian in pants, I am sure I couldn't feel her dick through them. 

codpiece.  just saying.  she was a he.  take a walk on the wild side.

Not Couch

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:

When you get older, you just don't care as much about the whole dating thing.  Conceptually, I want to date, but I really can't afford to date right now, so that kind of sucks.  For this series of three dates, I kind of forced myself to get involved in the dating world.  It is harder to get excited about chicks these days.

• Heart 1