Hey California people...

KrAzY

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

Since the Earth is flat, can't we just chizle off California and push it over the edge?

Yeah pile it on... I never understood the CA bashing.  I took more shit and crap details in the Army for being from CA.  

We are all gay pot smoking liberals and the world will be a much better place when CA falls into the Pacific and everyone of us dies. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah pile it on... I never understood the CA bashing.  I took more shit and crap details in the Army for being from CA.  

We are all gay pot smoking liberals and the world will be a much better place when CA falls into the Pacific and everyone of us dies. 

California = Hollywood = liberal tree hugging hippy democrats. This is the type that run the country. Which means fuck California.

• Heart 1

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

California = Hollywood = liberal tree hugging hippy democrats. This is the type that run the country. Which means fuck California.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  CA is a very diverse state but people seem to see it in very narrow perspectives.  I'm none of the stereotypes and there are a lot of people like me here.  

I had a good friend in army from  Kentucky that actually believed the stereotypes. Until I saved his ass in a bar fight and got worked pretty good myself.  He was surprised someone from CA didn't turn tale and run, you know because I'm from CA... What the fuck dude you believe that shit?!?!

If you ever make it out this way I'd be happy to show you some of the finer attributes of our state and take you on some awesome rides.  Not saying you have to love it here or want to move here but come see for youself what were about.  

It's not perfect, no place is but I don't think the stereotypes are accurate either.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I'm sorry you feel that way.  CA is a very diverse state but people seem to see it in very narrow perspectives.  I'm none of the stereotypes and there are a lot of people like me here.  

I had a good friend in army from  Kentucky that actually believed the stereotypes. Until I saved his ass in a bar fight and got worked pretty good myself.  He was surprised someone from CA didn't turn tale and run, you know because I'm from CA... What the fuck dude you believe that shit?!?!

If you ever make it out this way I'd be happy to show you some of the finer attributes of our state and take you on some awesome rides.  Not saying you have to love it here or want to move here but come see for youself what were about.  

It's not perfect, no place is but I don't think the stereotypes are accurate either.

I would enjoy riding in northern CA from what I've seen on the ToC coverage on NCB Sports. But seriously. Everyone in Hollywood can suck me. They're are a bunch of PC pieces of s@%t.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I would enjoy riding in northern CA from what I've seen on the ToC coverage on NCB Sports. But seriously. Everyone in Hollywood can suck me. They're are a bunch of PC pieces of s@%t.

Well this we can agree on, everyone in the entertainment industry can suck you because, you know I don't swing that way but apparently you do!?

Hollywood doesn't define us as a state but it s what the outside world sees, I get that.  Seriously, come out this way sometime. SoCal is pretty rad too, just not as many trees.

The Pacific Ocean is like a light and I'm a moth. I'm just drawn to it and need to be near it.  It will draw you in too, I'm certain of it.

4 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Looks like someone is 'hating' tonight and painting with a wide paint brush.  Many so called 'tree huggers' aren't all bad, if you like to recreate in the great outdoors.:whistle:

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Soon this will be what you will see..

sCHPCdv.jpg

I'm looking forward to plastic straws being a thing of our misbegotten past.  It's pretty nutso to see California, again, making the smarter and forward-looking decisions that are simple and effective.  Good on CA, and hopefully by creating the economic conditions for large companies like McDonalds to swap from awful plastic straws to a less awful option (paper straw or no straw), the rest of the country will benefit.

Tom

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

And what about plastic cups and lids?

Often times these bans start on beach communities and work their way across the state.  This happened with plastic bags.  Straws left out on concessions counters and in trash often end up in the ocean.

Not likely there will be a wholesale ban on plastics but straws have been banned in many beach communities now for years.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

And what about plastic cups and lids?

Plastic in general is overused. It's simply about sorting out better substitutes and methods.  If we decide everything by "convenience", we start to become a pretty lazy society, so just because someone gives you a drink in a styrofoam cup, with a plastic lid, and a plastic straw, that doesn't make it "a good idea" or something people of Earth want to continue.  If we can think of better options, we should.

Tom

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Oh, slow down there good sir.  Ever hear of Cleveland Ohio?  People have been making jokes about that hell whole way before the hippies ruined California. 

Why go you think RG is so damn sensitive and caring?  It's because of all the jokes directed towards his beloved Cleveland Ohio.  I mean, just the other day RG stated his concern about a crying wahman he was dating.  I think that sir, was caused by the Cuyahoga river catching on fire and the millions of jokes that followed. 

Anyway, I think Bill Hicks and Maynard from Tool described California best by calling it Arizona Bay.  

Couch 

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Couch_Incident said:

Oh, slow down there good sir.  Ever hear of Cleveland Ohio?  People have been making jokes about that hell whole way before the hippies ruined California. 

Why go you think RG is so damn sensitive and caring?  It's because of all the jokes directed towards his beloved Cleveland Ohio.  I mean, just the other day RG stated his concern about a crying wahman he was dating.  I think that sir, was caused by the Cuyahoga river catching on fire and the millions of jokes that followed. 

Anyway, I think Bill Hicks and Maynard from Tool described California best by calling it Arizona Bay.  

Couch 

The one thing that I always found odd was the humor about CA as a state and it's inhabitants perishing in earthquakes, fires and floods.  The hippie/gay/liberal thing is all misguided humor and I get that.  That's also the joke on OH.

Bot people don't joke about everyone in OH perishing in an earthquake.  This is akin to people joking about everyone in OK perishing in a massive tornado swarm. They don't do it. But they joke about breaking off and sinking into the ocean. Yaaay CA and it's hippies are gone!!!

Even in this thread there is a reference to chizzeling off the entire state and pushing it over the edge?  Really?  He's suggesting everyone in CA can die for all he cares?

Again I know this is conjecture and can't happen but I've heard this often in my life and others don't seem to see it or realize what they are really saying...

12 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

Couch 

I have heard of the cincinatti bow tie and the cleveland steamer.  I think Ohio gets all the hate for putting spicy beans and cheese on top of pasta and calling it chili.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, parodybot said:

Also, you will note that people make fun of things that they are envious of, hence all the California and Texas jokes.  You do not hear many North Dakota jokes.  You know why?  Neither do I, but I bet there is a good reason.

But surveys now say that North Dakota has the best quality of life index, so the jokes should be starting shortly. I am certain.

33 minutes ago, parodybot said:

Also, you will note that people make fun of things that they are envious of, hence all the California and Texas jokes.  You do not hear many North Dakota jokes.  You know why?  Neither do I, but I bet there is a good reason.

I never hear any Texas jokes.  Got some?

Tom

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I never hear any Texas jokes.  Got some?

Tom

Q: What is the difference between a Yankee and a Texan?

A: A Yankee will walk up to you and stick it in.  A Texan sticks it in and walks up to you.

Did you hear that one about the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the modest Texans walking into a bar?

It did not happen, there is no such thing as a modest Texan.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, parodybot said:

A: A Yankee will walk up to you and stick it in.  A Texan sticks it in and walks up to you.

Did you hear that one about the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the modest Texans walking into a bar?

I get it! Californians have jokes made at their expense by jealous people, but Texans make jokes to make themselves feel better! 

Man, comedy is a TOUGH business.

Tom

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, parodybot said:

Do you know how to get a former University of Texas football player off your front porch?

Call his parole officer.

2 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

Couch 

Wait a minute there buddy.  We bash on CA for fun and ChrisL has a point.  In the case of Cleveland it's a different situation.  It's Cleveland for gosh sakes.  The mistake on the lake, where the river burns, the city of one championship, the city with 2 seasons (winter and construction), the place Daughter#1 referred to as the green blob.

If the world is flat, can we just carve off Cleveland and push it into the lake on our way out to California?

• Heart 1

As far as the tree hugging stuff goes, I remember the 1950's when the hosiery on my mother's legs would disintegrate -holes expanding in them as she walked- while walking down the air-polluted streets of Baltimore. I remember the Ohio River catching fire for days in the 1960's. Today, there are worries about increases in physical problems due to so many chemicals around: they even find antibiotics in the snow on top of mountains in the Rockies.

So I applaud California for being green that way.  Those of us living near the Chesapeake Bay are sensitive to how billions of our economy can be lost due to chemicals and other garbage.  After the recent rains, most Chesapeake beaches are closed due to debris that washed down the Susquehanna from as far away as upstate New York.  They've had volunteers working to clear public beaches, Annapolis Harbor, etc.  Some oystermen are saying this may be their last year in the business.

• Heart 1

On 8/3/2018 at 1:56 PM, Kzoo said:

Wait a minute there buddy.  We bash on CA for fun and ChrisL has a point.  In the case of Cleveland it's a different situation.  It's Cleveland for gosh sakes.  The mistake on the lake, where the river burns, the city of one championship, the city with 2 seasons (winter and construction), the place Daughter#1 referred to as the green blob.

If the world is flat, can we just carve off Cleveland and push it into the lake on our way out to California?

don't forget that all the fish in Cleveland also have AIDS! 

On 8/3/2018 at 9:43 AM, parodybot said:

...there are plenty of North Dakota jokes.  But you only hear most of them in Minnesota.

• Heart 3

... if I understand correctly, the basis for this thread is that the rest of the people in the United States who don't live in California are incapable of drinking a cool, refreshing beverage without sucking it through a straw ? Apart from the plainly obvious gay, girly man implications for all of you non Californians, I can only state that if you can't drink something without a straw you should buy yourself a sippy cup, losers.

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2018 at 7:21 PM, ChrisL said:

... @ChrisL died for my sins.  :(

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

... @ChrisL died for my sins.  :(

In the movie Remember The Titans Ronnie Bass AKA Sunshine gets a lot of grief for being in CA.  I had the same shit and some... Dumb ass redneck fools assume EVERYONE from CA are queer.  

Thats cool though as the local girls dug the tan surfer boy from SoCal! ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ChrisL said:

In the movie Remember The Titans Ronnie Bass AKA Sunshine gets a lot of grief for being in CA.  I had the same shit and some... Dumb ass redneck fools assume EVERYONE from CA are queer.  

Thats cool though as the local girls dug the tan surfer boy from SoCal! ?

On the other hand, I had to put up with a fellow from California my first year away from home continually calling me racist because I was from south Texas. I think he finally left campus about mid year, after 'someone noted' he took too many pills trying to stay awake when studying.

On 8/3/2018 at 12:43 PM, parodybot said:

Yeah, I've been to California numerous times, nothing to be envious about if you ask me.  I liked being up the mountains the best (Grass Valley area) but all the locals said I was lucky I was leaving before the weekend and they got invaded by out of towners as I would then have hated it.

Could I may be like California, sure, just get rid of over half the population and might not be to bad.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Yeah, I've been to California numerous times, nothing to be envious about if you ask me.  I liked being up the mountains the best (Grass Valley area) but all the locals said I was lucky I was leaving before the weekend and they got invaded by out of towners as I would then have hated it.

Could I may be like California, sure, just get rid of over half the population and might not be to bad.

Kind of sounds like Wisconsin being overrun by Chicago people on weekends and holidays..lol

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, parodybot said:

Please tell me just one.

Ole and Lena

• Ole wakes up one morning, remembering that it's his and Lena's 25th wedding anniversary. Ole punches Lena in the arm. Lena awakes and asks, "What was that for?" Ole says, "That's for 25 years of bad sex!" Lena then punches Ole in the arm. Ole asks, "Why did you hit me?" Lena says, "That's for knowing the difference!"
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

Ole and Lena

• Ole wakes up one morning, remembering that it's his and Lena's 25th wedding anniversary. Ole punches Lena in the arm. Lena awakes and asks, "What was that for?" Ole says, "That's for 25 years of bad sex!" Lena then punches Ole in the arm. Ole asks, "Why did you hit me?" Lena says, "That's for knowing the difference!"

That the best you got?

23 hours ago, Page Turner said:

... if I understand correctly, the basis for this thread is that the rest of the people in the United States who don't live in California are incapable of drinking a cool, refreshing beverage without sucking it through a straw ? Apart from the plainly obvious gay, girly man implications for all of you non Californians, I can only state that if you can't drink something without a straw you should buy yourself a sippy cup, losers.

To the rescue, in a manly way, of course:

Related image

• Heart 1