Since I stopped drinking energy drinks...

Wilbur

59 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

..my energy has increased.  Whoodathunk?

Some years ago I quit coffee and all caffeine.  I'm addicted to caffeine and get terrible headaches if I don't get some in my by 9 am.

When I was off caffeine I actually felt more alert and woke up refreshed and not groggy.  But that didn't last and I'm hooked again...

55 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Some years ago I quit coffee and all caffeine.  I'm addicted to caffeine and get terrible headaches if I don't get some in my by 9 am.

When I was off caffeine I actually felt more alert and woke up refreshed and not groggy.  But that didn't last and I'm hooked again...

I quit  coffee and caffeine for three months to see if it affected my cholesterol, it didn’t and I was glad to go back to coffee. I drink an organic energy drink before a race. I believe coffee/caffeine is good for you.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I quit  coffee and caffeine for three months to see if it affected my cholesterol, it didn’t and I was glad to go back to coffee. I drink an organic energy drink before a race. I believe coffee/caffeine is good for you.

Everything in moderation right?  I don't like the fact that I'm addicted to caffeine tho...

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Yeah, I gave up drinking, smoking, and now all carbs and saturated fat.  Don't screw with my coffee!

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

I'm being challenged.  The last were thrown on the list just recently.  I don't have any margin for error anymore.  It's a good thing that I specialize in quitting.  Lots of experience to draw from.

Is there anyway you can kill your challenger and make it look like an accident?

I'm trying to find enough energy to go and work in the yard today.  The grass is a jungle - eight days since it was cut - but I'm going to let it dry out until tomorrow to cut it because it rained every day Monday to early today (Sat).  The weeds still left should be easy to pull.

Never tried one.  Too much or anything is never good for you.  I am weaning myself off of sugar.  I have 1 or two cups of tea a day.  Evan as a vegan, I have plenty of energy.  So far this summer I ran up Mt Washington and rode around it.  Never did I feel I needed a "boost" of any kind.  Plenty of energy.

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Never tried one.  Too much or anything is never good for you.  I am weaning myself off of sugar.  I have 1 or two cups of tea a day.  Evan as a vegan, I have plenty of energy.  So far this summer I ran up Mt Washington and rode around it.  Never did I feel I needed a "boost" of any kind.  Plenty of energy.

Fantastic that is working for you!  Nice. :)  Veggie power!  :) 

I rarely had energy drinks, but I always kept one or two in the truck for emergencies when I was on the road. Sometimes, the load just had to go through, and I needed a little boost.

I learned that it took a couple hours for it to really kick in, then for a period of four hours or so, my eyes would be wide open, and I would be so jittery, I could thread a running sewing machine.

Don't like the feeling, so I haven't touched one since.