August 5 miles and such

JerrySTL

I rode my age! 64.2 miles at 15.2 mph avg. A very flat but gravelly ride. Fresh chip and tar for at least a fifth of the ride. Hot and humid but very flat.

For some reason the ride uploaded to Garmin Connect but hasn't made it to Strava yet and it's been there for an hour or so.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

For some reason the ride uploaded to Garmin Connect but hasn't made it to Strava yet and it's been there for an hour or so.

It finally made it. Must be a lot of people riding and uploading. Like Scott S. Meat Fueled who has topped the Square Wheels Cycling leader-board for the week.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/SquareWheelsCycling

• Heart 1

18 mile gravel ride from Leesburg VA to Waterford VA. 1,249 feet of climbing. Passed this farm that said it was settled in 1760, one year after Arthur Guinness opened a brewery in Dublin. Beautiful place to ride, horse farms and wineries with views of the Blue Ridge. After we went to Vanish, a local brewery for IPAs and barbecue.

image.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

51.3 miles before church.  I chose a route with some climbing.  I registered for the Carmel Valley double century on Aug 25. It will likely be the most difficult double I have ever ridden, but also the most beautiful scenery.  It starts in King City, then to Carmel and past Monterrey, then down the PCH with lunch at Big Sur.  After lunch is the climb up Nacimiento-Ferguson Rd, then back to King City.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1