Monday 8-6-2018 Mile, KMs, Whatnot.

Razors Edge

So, I got my ride in yesterday afternoon.  30 @ 18, and like Jens noted, "I am a cyclist, so I am waterproof".  I was may 10 minutes into the ride when some large drops started coming down.  Fine, I can ride in light rain.  A couple minutes later, a lightning flash followed fairly soon by thunder. Fine, I'm on rubber tires :D  A minute later blue sky completely replaced by grey, then the rain started, then the winds, and I was soaked in seconds.  Fine, I'll ride west towards the blue skies, and its not like I'm not this wet after sweating for a couple hours, so I just kept on going.  Eventually, I got to the blue sky, and when I eventually turned around to return home, I was still soaked, ran back into some drizzle, and had to ride through inch or two deep standing water in some stretches.  The ground is saturated, and the water off my front tire would eventually pour gallons of water up right into my shoes.  Worst part - getting home and having too wipe the bike down and strip off all my wet clothes before heading inside.  Otherwise, just fun.

Can you spot where the front moved through? Yesterday's ride on top, normal ride profile below::

image.thumb.png.b5ab53ecb5c58200d4c7c8d118c8c6a6.png

image.thumb.png.9741218ffc7394ac211f21dd32dcf15f.png

Tom   

• Heart 4

I'm anally-retentive about tracking things like laps and miles. Therefore I use a lap-counter like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ktrio-Counter-Handheld-Clicker-Mechanical/dp/B075QFK6DG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1533662500&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=lap+counter&psc=1

They are around $10 including shipping at Amazon or EBay.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

And my "local" news site called it a "Weather Bomb".

Tom

We only got a few sprinkles in Fairfax, no rain at the house just thunder. Thanks for taking one for the team. We rode North Arlington/Military Rd starting at 5:30 am. 23 miles, 1:25, 1,005 feet climbed. Quad espressos post ride.

Five miles in the kayak. I was fishing so my average speed is somewhere between slow and stopped. I had my rain shower in the middle of a different lake on Friday. Sunshine all day Monday. I drank two bottles of water, two cans of V8, a Coke, a protein shake, and a six pack of beer. Got to stay hydrated.

IMG_8589.thumb.PNG.4334a04c4d8f42d274bf811ea161f1f8.PNG