A Good Idea

Razors Edge

I am a believer in the day time taillight, probably the most useful component purchase I have ever made. The reaction from motorists is real and unmistakable. The blinking front head light would certainly be noticeable but its value would be less than that of the taillight, IMO.

34 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I am a believer in the day time taillight, probably the most useful component purchase I have ever made. The reaction from motorists is real and unmistakable. The blinking front head light would certainly be noticeable but its value would be less than that of the taillight, IMO.

Yep - taillight is most valuable by far.  Since folks should be riding with traffic, that's the one cars will normally see.  On a path or a narrow/windy country road, a front blinky is really good as well.

Tom

I've seen some front blinky's on the street. I can see them easily from far off so I imagine motorists could, too. I'm not sure those are worth the cost or the trouble. I've operated with the adage, "You don't run into me from behind and I'll take care of what is in front of me." I see in the video that they give the example of parked cars next to a bike lane. That's an appropriate and effective application.